Client Side IMA HTML5 SDK iOS Safari

Evans Owino

Jul 19, 2021, 12:37:40 PM7/19/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hello,

I noticed that on iOS Safari, the IMA SDK reuses the content video element to play ads. Whereas this isn't the same experience on desktop or chrome android.

I was wondering whether this is a limitation enforced by the platform and/or whether it can be configured on the developer side (i.e. use separate video elements)?

Thanks,

Evans

IMA SDK

Jul 19, 2021, 4:40:50 PM7/19/21
to evanso...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Evans,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your question. In general things like that are more related to the browsers in question. As different browsers act differently even for the exact same thing. The reasoning behind it? We do not have the information on. In general I would say it was done intentionally , for whatever reason that the developers thought was best to handle the situation.

Regards,
Google Logo
William Pescherine
IMA SDK Team