IMA SKD tvOS simid support

Oded Shmidov

Jul 13, 2024, 7:33:30 AM (3 days ago) Jul 13
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hello,

By the docs, tvOS SDK should support simid.
I was testing on the sample app SDK version 4.13.0, and when trying to load the ad with InteractiveCreativeFile I'm getting an error: AdsManager error: The provided ad type: SIMID is not supported

Thanks in advance

IMA SDK

4:40 AM (18 hours ago) 4:40 AM
to od...@somplo.com

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the IMA SDK support team.

Please note that tvOS does not support SIMID. Check the support and compatibility section. Also, Could you please point me to the document of this statement "By the docs, tvOS SDK should support simid."

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02vDUw9:ref" (ADR-00246730)

Thanks,

Google Logo IMA SDK Team

IMA SDK

5:08 PM (5 hours ago) 5:08 PM
to ima...@googlegroups.com, od...@somplo.com
Hi Oded,

This content is for iOS not for tvOS. I will create request to remove this content from tvOS section.
Thanks

Oded Shmidov

5:22 PM (5 hours ago) 5:22 PM
to IMA SDK, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

So I understand that the docs will be fixed for tvOS.
What about HTML5 on Tizen app?

At the HTML5 SDK there some if that checks the user agent and throws an error if the user agent has smart-tv, smart, Roku and such.

On the HTML SDK it should be supported on TVs?