Android SDK: Received displayContainer message: hide for invalid session id

alex...@justin.tv

Sep 11, 2017, 5:59:35 PM9/11/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hey guys, I've been having issues with the Ad UI Container in ad pods. When transitioning from the first ad to a second, the above error occurs. I can't find any documentation on what would be causing the invalid session id and what the results of the hide are doing. It seems to be cancelling the second ad. Thanks and I can provide more context if needed.

Alex

alex...@justin.tv

Sep 11, 2017, 6:12:26 PM9/11/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
In regards to testing on the advanced example, I don't see it using the same ad tag for a two ad pod. There doesn't seem to be any differences in the control flow when an ad finishes and the next starts between my app and the advanced example.

alex...@justin.tv

Sep 11, 2017, 6:16:13 PM9/11/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
It seems to be occurring in the Advanced example now, but unreliably.

Joshua Lagonera (IMA SDK Team)

Sep 12, 2017, 1:28:26 AM9/12/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi there,

Would you be able to provide us a sample Ad Tag where we can use to replicate this issue on our Advanced sample? Additionally, since you mentioned that you can "unreliably" replicate this on our Advanced sample, can you provide us a project where we can reliably reproduce this issue?

Regards,
Joshua Lagonera
IMA SDK Team

alex...@justin.tv

Sep 12, 2017, 2:07:54 PM9/12/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Thanks for getting back to me. By unreliably occurring, I mean that it happens based on the ad playback. Using the advanced sample and just replacing the ad tag in VideoMetadata will trigger the issue but it seems to be related to the ad loading so in some instances it doesn't occur. I am sending you the ad tag privately now.

Joshua Lagonera (IMA SDK Team)

Sep 14, 2017, 2:25:50 AM9/14/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi there,

Thank you for your patience and for providing me your Ad Tag. I tried it out on my end using the Advanced Sample but I'm not able to receive any ads together with a "The response does not contain any valid ads." error message. While I did see the error message, I was not able to replicate the issue where it affected the Ad Playback. Would it be possible for you to provide me another Ad Tag to test on my end? Can you also try and verify if you can replicate the same behavior with our Sample Ad Tags?

Regards,
Joshua Lagonera
IMA SDK Team

Joshua Lagonera (IMA SDK Team)

Sep 20, 2017, 1:58:12 AM9/20/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi there,

Hope you are doing well. Kindly let us know if you would still like for us to assist you further. If you do, then kindly provide us the aforementioned information for us to proceed.

Regards,
Joshua Lagonera
IMA SDK Team

pravin...@timesinternet.in

Jul 6, 2018, 4:01:15 AM7/6/18
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Joshua,

It is still occurinng in latest IMA SDK. I am using live DAI. It would be great if you could hint the reason behind the error.

W/IMASDK: Received videoDisplay message: stopTracking for invalid session id: d0e36a9f-a2a1-41e1-a1cb-0af102f54295
E/IMASDK: Received displayContainer message: hide for invalid session id: d0e36a9f-a2a1-41e1-a1cb-0af102f54295
W/IMASDK: Received videoDisplay message: stopTracking for invalid session id: d0e36a9f-a2a1-41e1-a1cb-0af102f54295
W/IMASDK: Received videoDisplay message: startTracking for invalid session id: d0e36a9f-a2a1-41e1-a1cb-0af102f54295

Thanks,
PR

ima-sdk-adv...@google.com

Jul 9, 2018, 3:23:36 PM7/9/18
to ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi PR,

Thank you for following up. If this is a DAI issue, can you please share your stream information so I can test the stream myself? Doing so should shed more light on why you might be seeing that log. You can use the forum's 'Reply Privately' option.

Regards,
Chris Feldman
IMA SDK Team

Sailesh Davuluri

Apr 20, 2021, 11:56:14 AM4/20/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
I'm seeing this error sporadically in the DAI integration as well. Any ideas why that might be happening?

IMA SDK

Apr 20, 2021, 12:59:06 PM4/20/21
to sdav...@distroscale.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sailesh,

Do you have a semi reliable way of replicating this log?

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh Baker
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Fa5MC:ref

IMA SDK

Apr 20, 2021, 2:02:25 PM4/20/21
to sdav...@distroscale.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sailesh,

Thank you for providing me a stream that reliably replicates this. Let me bring this up with my team and we will get back to you as soon as we have actionable information.

Sailesh Davuluri

Apr 26, 2021, 7:28:19 PM4/26/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Any updates on this? One thing weird is that this only happens the very first time I play the stream. If I play some other stream and come back to it, it works fine. This happens to all DAI enabled streams that I was testing with.

IMA SDK

Apr 27, 2021, 12:13:49 AM4/27/21
to sdav...@distroscale.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sailesh,

I'm afraid that this is still under investigation. Rest assured that the team is actively working on this. I'll let you know the soonest they share their investigation findings.

Regards,
Google Logo
Teejay Wennie Pimentel
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Fa5MC:ref

Sailesh Davuluri

Jun 1, 2021, 7:25:39 PM6/1/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Any updates on this? We are still able to reproduce this issue consistently.

IMA SDK

Jun 1, 2021, 11:54:19 PM6/1/21
to sdav...@distroscale.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Sailesh,

Upon checking, the team haven't given their feedback yet. Rest assured that the team is actively looking into it. We will update you the soonest they share their insights.

Regards,

Google Logo
Michael Angelo Legaspi
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Fa5MC:ref

Sailesh Davuluri

Jun 21, 2021, 11:24:09 AM6/21/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Any updates on this? We are still able to reproduce this issue consistently.

IMA SDK

Jun 22, 2021, 1:45:14 AM6/22/21
to sdav...@distroscale.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Sailesh,

I'm afraid our team haven't shared their feedback yet on the investigation. I will follow up on this issue as well and will be back to you the soonest the team has responded.

Regards,

IMA SDK

May 16, 2023, 4:35:10 AM5/16/23
to sdav...@distroscale.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sailesh,

Thank you for your patience. The team responded back and mentioned that it is fine to ignore those messages logs that you were getting.

Regards,
Google Logo IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Fa5MC:ref