[iOS] SDK not notify VAST Errors in delegate

N. Gomez

Dec 17, 2020, 5:06:00 AM12/17/20
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi all,

I'm using IMA SDK 3.13.0. When I receive a VAST Error (like timeout, 402), i can only see the error in Xcode console, but no delegate method is called, so i don't know if an error of this type occurs.

I'm not using IMAAVPlayerVideoDisplay, only IMAAdDisplayContainer with IMACompanionAdSlot, because the ads is audio+companion, no video related. I perform ad requests using IMAAdsRequest with "initWithAdTagUrl:adDisplayContainer:contentPlayhead:userContext:" init method. "userContext" passed nil.

How can I receive this type of error?

Thanks in advance!

N. Gomez

Dec 17, 2020, 5:26:06 AM12/17/20
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Also happens in Sample App if use enableDebug = YES when settingUp IMAAdsLoader. I'm using this flag to debug, if I remove it seems to be ok, but should work anyway, right?

Thanks!

IMA SDK

Dec 17, 2020, 9:16:02 AM12/17/20
to naza...@digio.es, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Thank you for bringing up this no error delegate fire when loading audio only ads in our Sample app to our attention. Could you send your modified sample via "Reply to author"?

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh Baker
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q29SiM0:ref

N. Gomez

Dec 18, 2020, 7:25:46 AM12/18/20
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Sorry, i haven't permissions to "Reply to author"

IMA SDK

Dec 18, 2020, 9:15:47 AM12/18/20
to naza...@digio.es, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

You may also send to our testing alias imate...@gmail.com with a post on this thread when you do so.

N. Gomez

Dec 18, 2020, 9:38:43 AM12/18/20
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi again, already sent. Thanks!

IMA SDK

Dec 18, 2020, 3:15:44 PM12/18/20
to naza...@digio.es, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Thank you for the setup minimally modified Advanced Objective C sample. When testing under poor conditions I was able to get VAST errors only if the IMA SDK was able to load. If the SDK was able to load, then with minimum modification I was able to see the VAST error code:

- (void)adsManager:(IMAAdsManager *)adsManager didReceiveAdError:(IMAAdError *)error {

  // Something went wrong with the ads manager after ads were loaded. Log the error and play the

  // content.

    NSString* myNewString = [NSString stringWithFormat:@"%ld", (long)error.code];

  [self logMessage:@"AdsManager error: %@", error.message];

    [self logMessage:@"AdsManager error: %@",  myNewString];

  self.isAdPlayback = NO;

  [self setPlayButtonType:PauseButton];

  [self.contentPlayer play];

}

I received the VAST error 402. Please respond if this doesn't fit your needs.

Regards,

N. Gomez

Dec 19, 2020, 10:08:35 AM12/19/20
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi!

The problem is that not always, as you can see in the picture attached, is this delegate method called. In Xcode console, you can see that the only log is internal, so I think that sometimes it fails and no notify the error. I tried several times, and in some of them did not notify me.

Thanks in advance!

IMA SDK

Dec 21, 2020, 1:25:57 AM12/21/20
to naza...@digio.es, ima...@googlegroups.com

HI there,

I’m with Aryeh’s team and thank you for your response. Could please resend the picture for our reference? With regard to logging errors, how about registering or adding the ad event: kIMAAdEvent_LOG in the ad manager to help logging any non fatal errors? Let me know if this works for you.

Regards,

Google Logo
Sherwin Diesta
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q29SiM0:ref

N. Gomez

Dec 29, 2020, 3:42:17 AM12/29/20
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Sherwin,

As you can see in the picture attached in mail, not even (in this case) an adEvent_LOG event is received, in fact, no event is received. It doesn't always happen.

I'm trying again and can't reproduce it in poor conditions. Anyway, i'll add adEvent_LOG to my code.

Thanks!

IMA SDK

Dec 29, 2020, 5:09:36 AM12/29/20
to naza...@digio.es, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi there,

Thank you for your response.

As per checking the image file you shared, I saw that there’s an error during the loading of ads (VAST error 402). This could be the reason why you’re not getting any ad event. To prevent this from happening, you can check out the link below for recommended actions with regard to this VAST ad error.

https://support.google.com/admanager/answer/4442429?hl=en#402

Regards,