Error in Internet Explorer 11: object doesn't support this property or method 'next'

Urko Dorronsoro

May 12, 2021, 5:23:37 AM5/12/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
We are getting an error with IMA SDK script (ima3.js) in Internet Explorer 11. This happens in the initial parse. In all other browsers it works fine.

Urko Dorronsoro

May 12, 2021, 5:36:13 AM5/12/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK

I just noticed that Internet Explorer does not support the next() method

However, in the IMA SDK documentation it says that this SDK is compatible with Internet Explorer, but it seems that this is not the case.

IMA SDK

May 12, 2021, 6:34:31 AM5/12/21
to urko.j...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Urko,

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your concern.

Can you please share and/or confirm the following:

*Using desktop when using internet explorer 11 (as it is not supported for mobile browser).

*Replicate the issue with our sample app.

*Share the IMA SDK related error you encountered.

Regards,

Google Logo
Michael Angelo Legaspi
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2HAGsd:ref

Urko Dorronsoro

May 12, 2021, 9:48:47 AM5/12/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Michael Angelo

Thank you for your help.

It happens using desktop with Internet explorer. I try your sample app (https://googleads.github.io/googleads-ima-html5/vsi/) and it works with any error. I notice that in this webpage you use the script "https://imasdk.googleapis.com/js/sdkloader/ima3_debug.js" and not  "https://imasdk.googleapis.com/js/sdkloader/ima3.js"  that we are using on our web app.

What can we do?  Do you think we should use the debug script?

Urko Dorronsoro

May 12, 2021, 9:57:22 AM5/12/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Michael Angelo

The error is:

SCRIPT438: El objeto no acepta la propiedad o el método 'next'
ima3.js (105,94)

Urko Dorronsoro

May 12, 2021, 10:06:47 AM5/12/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi

I try our app using the IMA SDK debug script, and it return the same error. It points to line 13471:

module$exports$google3$javascript$ads$imalib$experiments$framework.ExperimentState.prototype.reset = function() {
  for (var $jscomp$iter$72 = $jscomp.makeIterator(this.allExperiments_), $jscomp$key$ = $jscomp$iter$72.next(); !$jscomp$key$.done; $jscomp$key$ = $jscomp$iter$72.next()) {
    var $jscomp$destructuring$var6 = $jscomp.makeIterator($jscomp$key$.value);
    $jscomp$destructuring$var6.next();
    $jscomp$destructuring$var6.next().value.selected_ = !1;
  }
  this.hasSelectedExperiments_ = !1;
  this.flagState_.reset();
};

IMA SDK

May 12, 2021, 11:39:59 AM5/12/21
to urko.j...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Urko,

I work with Michael and will assist you. Does this sample app work in Internet Explorer? If it does, you can match your implementation of the IMA SDK against it. Here's the link for the sample apps download.

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh Baker
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2HAGsd:ref
Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 11.36.46 AM.png

Urko Dorronsoro

May 13, 2021, 3:55:38 AM5/13/21
to IMA SDK, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aryeh

Doing different tests, I have discovered that the problem is in the CMP script, which manages the permissions to display advertising.

Thanks for your help

IMA SDK

May 13, 2021, 10:44:10 AM5/13/21
to urko.j...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Urko,

Thank you for telling us you narrowed the issue down to another cause. You can continue this thread if there is anything the IMA SDK Team can help with this.