[iOS] Ads hangs when navigating outside the app and navigate back

Mohammed Alnajdi

Jan 20, 2023, 12:39:25 AM1/20/23
to Interactive Media Ads SDK

Hey team,

Hope you are all well.

We are facing an issue where we used the code provided exactly in the sample app and when the ad is playing if we navigate outside the app (put it in background) and come back to the app, the ad is no longer works nor starts.

Thanks a lot.

IMA SDK

Jan 20, 2023, 5:20:55 AM1/20/23
to mohd...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hello Alnajdi,

Michael here from IMA SDK Support team. Thank you for reaching out to us.

Would you be able to confirm on what exact sample app you encountered the issue? See here for reference: https://github.com/googleads/googleads-ima-ios. Kindly share also to us the below information so we can investigate further on our end:

  • VAST Ad Tag URL
  • Screen recording of the behavior for better illustration of the issue

You may send the requested details privately via "Reply To Author" button or with the below process.

 If you are having trouble attaching your file to this case or if your file(s) are larger than 25mb, you can share your files with me by performing the following steps:

1. Navigate to

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfkAiXMeYP-fw1W3Z-tT9uwmATEKO5X6S-th0gR2ezdKaaqfg/viewform?usp=pp_url&entry.400550049=IMA+SDK&entry.460850823=5004Q00002i0dM2QAI&entry.80707362=00164227

2. Fill out all fields, and attach your file(s).

3. Please reply back on this thread when you have uploaded your file(s). Please do not share this link.

Regards,

Google Logo
Michael Angelo
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2i0dM2:ref

Mohammed Alnajdi

Jan 21, 2023, 3:51:03 AM1/21/23
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
done, all information has been submitted privately

IMA SDK

Jan 23, 2023, 2:26:32 AM1/23/23
to mohd...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hello Alnajdi,

Thank you for sharing the requested information. I was able to replicate the same behavior on my end and with that I am raising this concern to the rest of our team for further investigation. I will get back to you the soonest I have more information to share.

Regards,

Mohammed Alnajdi

Jan 23, 2023, 2:35:39 AM1/23/23
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
great, i will be waiting.

Mohammed Alnajdi

Jan 23, 2023, 4:26:50 AM1/23/23
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hey Michael,

I was able to find a solution. I added a NotificationCenter observer for `willEnterForegroundNotification` then inside the function i called adsManager.resume()

NotificationCenter.default.addObserver(
self,
selector: #selector(willEnterForeground),
name:UIApplication.willEnterForegroundNotification,
object: nil
)

@objc func willEnterForeground() {
//capture any action we want when the player comes back from background -> Foreground
adsManager.resume()
}

Thanks for your support.

IMA SDK

Jan 23, 2023, 10:07:59 AM1/23/23
to mohd...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mohammed,

Thank you for updating us and I'm glad that you were able to resolved the reported issue.

Please let us know if you have any other concerns related to IMA SDK. We'll be happy to assist you.

Regards,
Google Logo
Teejay Wennie
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2i0dM2:ref

Mohammed Alnajdi

Feb 14, 2023, 7:21:05 AM2/14/23
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hey team,

I have a question, when i send my app to the background and bring it to foreground, the ads plays a new ad but it's not visible in the context only it's audio is playing, which causing 2 ads to play
one with context and one in background without context.

is there a proper way to terminate ads or exit the app of the video player screen ? i tried every possible solution no luck.

IMA SDK

Feb 14, 2023, 2:05:37 PM2/14/23
to mohd...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Mohammed,

Edessa here from IMA SDK Team as well. Allow me to assist you on this.

Would you be able to share with us the following information for us to have a better illustration of the issue?

  • screen recording of the behavior
  • VAST Ad Tag URL

You may send the requested details privately via "Reply To Author" button or with the below process.

If the file(s) you are looking to share are less than 25mb in total you can attach them to this case on your next reply. If you are having trouble attaching your file to this case or if your file(s) are larger than 25mb, you can share your files with me by performing the following steps:

1. Navigate to

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfkAiXMeYP-fw1W3Z-tT9uwmATEKO5X6S-th0gR2ezdKaaqfg/viewform?usp=pp_url&entry.400550049=IMA+SDK&entry.460850823=5004Q00002i0dM2QAI&entry.80707362=00164227

2. Fill out all fields, and attach your file(s).

3. Please reply back on this thread when you have uploaded your file(s). Please do not share this link.

Regards,

Google Logo
Edessa