IMA SDK for HTML5 is not working properly in Samsung Tizen TV

Wang Yue

Dec 11, 2020, 3:31:12 AM12/11/20
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hello everyone!

SDK: IMA SDK for HTML5

I tried to run this official sample (IMA SDK for HTML5)  on Samsung Tizen  Smart TV,https://github.com/googleads/googleads-ima-html5/tree/master/simple,but it not working properly and cause the app crash.  And I confirm that the source code has not been modified.
I receive an error message from the SDK:Unrecognized feature: 'autoplay'.  ima3.js:52

Through my analysis, the problem is caused by the following line of code:
ads.js ==>
function createAdDisplayContainer() {
  // We assume the adContainer is the DOM id of the element that will house
  // the ads.
  adDisplayContainer = new google.ima.AdDisplayContainer(document.getElementById('adContainer'), videoContent);
}

Please help me to solve this problem, thanks!

ps:
 I have seen someone ask the same question in the forum:https://groups.google.com/g/ima-sdk/c/viHFOMEmaHM/m/eDv5n101BAAJ

IMA SDK

Dec 11, 2020, 5:21:55 AM12/11/20
to wangy...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Wang,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please try our advanced sample application instead of the simple sample one? Please let us know if the issue would also occur.

Regards,

Google Logo
Sherwin Diesta
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q28pFTt:ref

Wang Yue

Dec 12, 2020, 2:06:18 AM12/12/20
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi  imasdkforumadvisor, thank you for your reply.

Through my test, the  advanced sample  has the same problem and causes the app to crash,and I  receive the  same  error message from the SDK:Unrecognized feature: 'autoplay'.  ima3.js:68
Please help me,Thanks!

 Best regards,

IMA SDK

Dec 14, 2020, 12:12:52 AM12/14/20
to wangy...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Wang,

Thank you for your response. Could you please share with us the ad tag that you are using for our test reference? To share this information privately, you can send it to our testing alias: imate...@gmail.com

Regards,

Wang Yue

Dec 14, 2020, 1:27:24 AM12/14/20
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi  imasdkforumadvisor  ,
Thank you very much for your reply, the ad tag  I use is
adsRequest.adTagUrl =
    'iu=/124319096/external/ad_rule_samples&ciu_szs=300x250&ad_rule=1&' +
    'impl=s&gdfp_req=1&env=vp&output=vmap&unviewed_position_start=1&' +
    'cust_params=deployment%3Ddevsite%26sample_ar%3Dpremidpost&' +
    'cmsid=496&vid=short_onecue&correlator=';

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

IMA SDK

Dec 14, 2020, 6:17:58 AM12/14/20
to wangy...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Wang,

Thank you for your response and for sharing the ad tag. It looks like you’re using our sample VMAP ad tag. Just wanted to get more information on this issue. Could you please share what model/type of Samsung TV Tizen device you are using where the issue is occurring? Kindly refer to the link below for reference:

https://developer.samsung.com/smarttv/develop/specifications/tv-model-groups.html

Regards,

Wang Yue

Dec 14, 2020, 8:51:08 PM12/14/20
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi  imasdkforumadvisor  ,
Thank you for your reply.

 Yes, I use your sample VMAP ad tag.
The model/type of Samsung TV Tizen device  I use  is URU77FA, platform is Tizen 5.0.

Regards,

IMA SDK

Dec 14, 2020, 11:57:30 PM12/14/20
to wangy...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Wang,

Thank you for sharing this information with us. I’m going to relay this to my teammates to check further and will give you an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Wang Yue

Dec 15, 2020, 1:59:56 AM12/15/20
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Thank you very much.  @ imasdkforumadvisor

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Wang Yue

Dec 21, 2020, 6:02:55 AM12/21/20
 =>  @ imasdkforumadvisor  Hello,  any news about the update?

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

IMA SDK

Dec 21, 2020, 9:48:18 AM12/21/20
to wangy...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Wang,

I work with Sherwin and will assist you. My team would like to know if you noticed the error start occurring related to a specific IMA release?

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh Baker
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q28pFTt:ref

Wang Yue

Dec 22, 2020, 1:27:40 AM12/22/20
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi,imasdkforumadvisor . Thank you for your reply.
I use the  IMA release  is  Google Ads IMA SDK HTML5 Examples v3.427.1-0 ,almost the latest  release .
I have not used other old  release .

Regards,

IMA SDK

Dec 22, 2020, 2:36:40 AM12/22/20
to wangy...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Wang,

Thanks for this information. I’m going to share this with the team and will let you know for any update. However, please do note that as per our documentation (in the note section), we do not officially support the devices on this list (including Tizen).

https://developers.google.com/interactive-media-ads/docs/sdks/other

Regards,

Google Logo
Sherwin Diesta
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q28pFTt:ref

IMA SDK

Dec 23, 2020, 6:14:10 AM12/23/20
to wangy...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Wang,

Just wanted to confirm, when we asked about which IMA release, we were looking for a version number as seen on the release history page (below). Could you kindly confirm which of these versions you are using?

https://developers.google.com/interactive-media-ads/docs/sdks/html5/client-side/history

Regards,

Wang Yue

Dec 30, 2020, 1:47:19 AM12/30/20
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi,imasdkforumadvisor . Thank you for your reply.
I use the  IMA release  is   3.427.1 .

Regards,

IMA SDK

Dec 30, 2020, 8:36:14 AM12/30/20
to wangy...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Wang,

Thank you for your reply. I relayed the information to the rest of my team. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh Baker
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q28pFTt:ref

IMA SDK

Jan 6, 2021, 6:08:27 AM1/6/21
to wangy...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Wang,

Just an update. Upon further checking by the team, the error "Unrecognized feature" is not coming from the SDK.

Would it be possible on your end to use the ima3_debug.js instead of ima3.js on your HTML file (please see below) to receive more verbose console logs? This will help to check for any cause of this error via the console.

<script type="text/javascript" src="//imasdk.googleapis.com/js/sdkloader/ima3_debug.js"></script>