[IMA SDK Android] [Android TV] Ad is in pause state after DPAD_CENTER button click

gourav...@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2021, 6:23:15 AM7/12/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi There,

We are facing an issue where if skippable ad is playing and before the 'SkipAd' button appears; if user clicks on DPAD_CENTER (center ok button of TV remote) then the Ad goes in pause state and if user keeps clicking on it then Ad will always be in pause state.

As per IMASDK TV guide that "The SDK optimizes skippable formats for TV-like devices, for instance by removing the ability to engage with a Learn More button.By default, the SDK sets focus on the skip button when skipping is available so the ad can be skipped on Android TV."

I think that there is a bug that the  'Learn More' view is there in 'Invisible' state and is focusable.

Attached a screenshot, you can see the clicked is coming continuously as we are clicking on DPAD_CENTER button and ad is in paused state(imaAdState = IMA_AD_STATE_PAUSED).

Please do let me know your thoughts.

-Thanks
Screenshot 2021-07-12 at 3.51.51 PM.png

IMA SDK

Jul 13, 2021, 1:03:11 AM7/13/21
to gourav...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Were you able to replicate this behavior using our advance sample app? Could you please share with us a screen recording of the behavior and the steps to reproduce it? This will greatly help the investigation progress faster.

Regards,

Google Logo
Michael Angelo Legaspi
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2KbT49:ref

Gourav Saxena

Jul 13, 2021, 1:21:31 AM7/13/21
to IMA SDK, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael,

I have replied to you in private with a video link.

Steps are simple,
1. Open a content having skippable ad on real android tv
2. When ad playback starts, press the DPAD_CENTER button from the TV remote.
3. Do the 2nd step before the skipAd button appears

Behaviour: Ad is paused and on press of DPAD_CENTER button again and again, it doesn't resume the ad playback
Expected behaviour: Ad should resume.

Regards,
Gourav

IMA SDK

Jul 13, 2021, 5:36:17 AM7/13/21
to gourav...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Gourav,

Thank you for providing additional details. Before I could raise this to the rest of our team, could you also please share with us the VAST Tag used in your testing?

Regards,

Gourav Saxena

Jul 13, 2021, 5:57:04 AM7/13/21
to IMA SDK, ima...@googlegroups.com

Gourav Saxena

Jul 13, 2021, 5:57:37 AM7/13/21
to IMA SDK, ima...@googlegroups.com

Gourav Saxena

Jul 13, 2021, 6:09:01 AM7/13/21
to IMA SDK, ima...@googlegroups.com

IMA SDK

Jul 14, 2021, 1:40:23 AM7/14/21
to gourav...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gourav,

Thank you for providing all the requested information. I have raised this issue to the rest of the team to further investigate. We will provide an update once we collected our findings.

gourav...@gmail.com

Aug 17, 2022, 2:15:20 AM8/17/22
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi IMA Team,

Is there any solution from your end about this issue ? Can you please let us know.

Gulab Chandra

Aug 17, 2022, 7:28:54 AM8/17/22
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
hi

बुधवार, 17 अगस्त 2022 को 11:45:20 am UTC+5:30 बजे gourav...@gmail.com ने लिखा:

IMA SDK

Aug 17, 2022, 9:33:31 AM8/17/22
to rubija...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Based on my previous response, it is possible to have player controls become visible once the ad is paused? Those are the recommended changes based on this IMA change to pause behavior .

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Thank you,
Jackson