[IMA -DAI - iOS] undesirable autoplay

Petr Fiala

Jul 27, 2021, 10:43:00 AM7/27/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
After DAI stream is loaded it automatically starts playing which is in my case unwanted behaviour. I need to be able to control when content starts playing.
Is there a way to stop/cancel the autoplay?

IMA SDK

Jul 27, 2021, 2:05:34 PM7/27/21
to pe...@eventee.co, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Petr,

Thank you for bringing this concern to our attention. The ability to turn off autoplay for ads on mobile devices is usually handled by the device itself. Thus the only way to turn off the autoplay feature would be if you are doing this for a browser and it is in HTML, here is the link for that. The other part of this is that this ability is only available for IMA SDK, not DAI IMA SDK.

Regards,

Google Logo
William Pescherine
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2JE7Ej:ref

Petr Fiala

Jul 27, 2021, 2:10:45 PM7/27/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
If i understand your reply correctly,  it is impossible to turn off autoplay for DAI streams on iOS.. that is unfortunate :/

IMA SDK

Jul 27, 2021, 3:27:26 PM7/27/21
to pe...@eventee.co, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Petr,

Thank you for the response. Yeah for iOS it is generally set in the device so that we unfortunately do not have the ability to stop the the autoplay.