IMS SDK for tvOS --> Tracking-URLs will not executed

nino.m...@teleboy.ch

Jul 18, 2022, 3:33:00 AM7/18/22
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi,

we have a Problem with IMA SDK for tvOS. Everything looks good from the playout perspective. But we saw that Tracking-URLs will not be executed because of a pipe symbol "|" within the adservingid.
The same Tracking-URls  / Vast-Responses works on the iOS IMA SDK.

Attached one example with some changes for information security.

![CDATA[https://example.ch/Tracking?adservingid=b108a241-86e8-44fc-9e02-d9716234e367|e4e31502-07d2-43a5-937d-a283f3b8618e&APIKey=XXX&event=complete]]

Steps to Reproduce:
- Get a VAST-Response with Tracking-URLS contains PIPE Symbol like Example about
Result:
- Tracking-URLs will not executed at all
Expected Result:
- Tracking-URLs should be executed

IMA SDK

Jul 18, 2022, 6:53:07 AM7/18/22
to nino.m...@teleboy.ch, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

Michael here from IMA SDK Team. Thank you for reaching out to us.

Would you be able to confirm if the same behavior is reproducible using our sample apps? Additionally, kindly share the VAST Tag used for testing and a screen recording / screenshot of the behavior for better illustration of the issue.

If the reported behavior is not reproducible in our sample apps, you may also send your own project implementation where we can test on our end. Rest assured that all requested details will be handled with confidentiality and will only be used for the purpose of recreating the issue and finding resolution.

If the file(s) you are looking to share are less than 25mb in total you can attach them to this case on your next reply. If you are having trouble attaching your file to this case or if your file(s) are larger than 25mb, you can share your files with me by performing the following steps:

1. Navigate to

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfkAiXMeYP-fw1W3Z-tT9uwmATEKO5X6S-th0gR2ezdKaaqfg/viewform?usp=pp_url&entry.400550049=IMA+SDK&entry.460850823=5004Q00002cX3CPQA0&entry.80707362=00114440

2. Fill out all fields, and attach your file(s).

3. Please reply back on this thread when you have uploaded your file(s). Please do not share this link.

Should you opt to share the requested details directly on this thread, please send it privately via "Reply To Author" button.

Regards,

Google Logo
Michael Angelo
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2cX3CP:ref

Nino M.

Jul 18, 2022, 11:18:03 AM7/18/22
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Micheal, I replied personal to you. Did you get the message?

Cause there is now communication history shown here.

Best Nino

IMA SDK

Jul 19, 2022, 12:26:41 AM7/19/22
to nino.m...@teleboy.ch, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hello Nino,

Thank you for responding back to us. Yes, we have received both the ad tag url and the sample app. However, upon testing the ad tag url in our VSI, I am constantly encountering AdError 1005: There was a problem requesting ads from the server. Would you be able to confirm if the shared ad tag is geo restricted? If so, in what location do we need to spoof in order to used the ad tag properly?

Regards,