s there anything that generates an event before requesting an advertisement with VAST in VMAP?

Steve lee

Jan 11, 2023, 11:44:26 PM1/11/23
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hello this is Steve.

Is there anything that generates an event before requesting an advertisement with VAST in VMAP?

If there is, please reply!

Thank you.

Steve lee

Jan 12, 2023, 2:49:46 AM1/12/23
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hello this is Steve.

I have an additional question.

Is there a way to know how long the response took from VAST and VMAP requests?

I'd appreciate it if you could answer.

Thank you
2023년 1월 12일 목요일 오후 1시 44분 26초 UTC+9에 Steve lee님이 작성:

IMA SDK

Jan 12, 2023, 4:32:10 AM1/12/23
to dnxod...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hello Steve,

Michael here from IMA SDK Support team. Thank you for reaching out to us.

Would you please elaborate your first concern? What kind of event callback were you expecting before requesting ads? Give us additional information so we can provide precise answer to your concern.

On the other hand, we do not have IMA method for retrieving the time of how long the response took from VAST and VMAP requests. However, you may check on the google.ima.AdsManagerLoadedEvent for ADS_MANAGER_LOADED as this will be fired when the ads have been loaded and an AdsManager is available. You may create your own logic and time how long before the event callback fired and use that as estimation for how long the response took from the request. Let us know if that would fit to your use case.

Regards,

Google Logo
Michael Angelo
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2hxWYs:ref

Steve lee

Jan 13, 2023, 12:37:48 AM1/13/23
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hello Michael

Thank you for your answer.

I have one last question.

If there are multiple Midrolls in VMAP, I want to know how many seconds before the advertisement starts, they request an advertisement with the VAST URL in VMAP.

I'd appreciate it if you could reply.

Thank you.
2023년 1월 12일 목요일 오후 6시 32분 10초 UTC+9에 imasdk님이 작성:

IMA SDK

Jan 13, 2023, 5:45:09 AM1/13/23
to dnxod...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hello Steve,

For multiple midrolls in VMAP, I believe the ads in a pod should start right after the other. Meaning if the first ad completes, it will be followed immediately by the second ad until all ads in that ad break completed.

Let me know if you have further concerns.

Regards,