[tvOS] Safe area guides

Andy Larochelle

Apr 17, 2024, 1:22:41 PMApr 17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 1.20.51 PM.pngHi,

In IMA SDK tvOS version 4.10.0, this change was introduced:
  • Updates constraints for the AdUI to respect safe area guides.
Seems like the view containing the ad in IMA is now constrained to the safeAreaLayoutGuide, which introduces weird behaviors. We noticed black bars appear around the ad, making it impossible for us to make it take the entirety of the screen. I joined an image which describes what we see.

So far, I can't seem to find a workaround for this as this seems to be made internally in IMA.

Do you have any workaround for this? Should this be fixed on the client side or directly in IMA?

Thank you.

IMA SDK

Apr 18, 2024, 3:18:38 AMApr 18
to alaro...@mirego.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Andy,

Thank you for contacting the IMA SDK Support team.

I see that the IMA SDK version 4.10.0 was released on 2024-01-24. Did you face this issue before or recently? It is recommended to keep the SDKs updated to work SDKs as expected. The latest version is 4.12.0 as of today.

Also, Have you replicated the same behavior using one of our sample apps below?

If yes, Kindly provide the below privately for further investigation so that we can have full visibility of your implementation:

  • Provide stream details: if it is live or video on demand (VOD). Furthermore, if the content is live, what is the stream format and the asset key? If the content is VOD, what is the stream format, CMS ID, and Video ID?
  • If DRM is used, please provide a "clear stream" that has no DRM.
  • VAST Ad Tag used for testing (if it is client side)
  • Screen recording of the behavior for a better illustration of the issue
  • Sample project reproducing the issue

You can provide the following details via reply privately to the author option or directly provide it to the link below.

If the file(s) you are looking to share are less than 25mb in total you can attach them to this case on your next reply. If you are having trouble attaching your file to this case or if your file(s) are larger than 25mb, you can share your files with me by performing the following steps:

1. Navigate to

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfkAiXMeYP-fw1W3Z-tT9uwmATEKO5X6S-th0gR2ezdKaaqfg/viewform?usp=pp_url&entry.400550049=IMA+SDK&entry.460850823=5004Q00002tPBTgQAO&entry.80707362=00231580

2. Fill out all fields, and attach your file(s).

3. Please reply back on this thread when you have uploaded your file(s). Please do not share this link.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tPBTg:ref" (ADR-00231580)

Thanks,

Google Logo IMA SDK Team

Andy Larochelle

Apr 18, 2024, 6:49:10 AMApr 18
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi,

1. I can reproduce this on the latest version, 4.12.0.
2. Seems like the tvOS sample app you sent over was archived and is not maintained anymore, is that normal? Seems like the Swift app ls also broken as it is not running. ObjC app seems fine tho.
3. I am able to reproduce this in the Objective-C tvOS sample app you provided. No setup necessary, just boot the app and you will see that the ads do not take the full screen.

To answer your questions specifically:
  • Provide stream details: if it is live or video on demand (VOD). Furthermore, if the content is live, what is the stream format and the asset key? If the content is VOD, what is the stream format, CMS ID, and Video ID?
  • If DRM is used, please provide a "clear stream" that has no DRM.
    • No DRM is used there
  • VAST Ad Tag used for testing (if it is client side)
  • Screen recording of the behavior for a better illustration of the issue
    • I can reproduce in a simulator and on a physical Apple TV 4k device
    • Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 6.44.17 AM.png
  • Sample project reproducing the issue

IMA SDK

Apr 18, 2024, 12:30:22 PMApr 18
to alaro...@mirego.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I will check with our team regarding your query and one of my team members will reach out to you once we have an update on this. Meanwhile, your patience is highly appreciated.

IMA SDK

Apr 19, 2024, 3:10:50 AMApr 19
to alaro...@mirego.com

Hi Andy,

Thank you for providing the requested information and bringing this issue to our attention.

Yes, the issue is replicating in our Google Samples. I have raised this as a bug and our engineering team will look into this issue. I'll keep you posted on the same once I get an update. I would recommend you follow our tvOS release notes for the latest updates.

Belal Ahmed Parvez

Apr 19, 2024, 6:02:44 AMApr 19
to alaro...@mirego.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

thanks

Message has been deleted

IMA SDK

Apr 23, 2024, 3:03:57 PMApr 23
to alaro...@mirego.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andy,

Thanks for taking follow up.
I can not share any specific time to resolve this issue, this issue is in under discussion in the team. Once it will resolved i will update here, meanwhile your patience is important.

Thanks

Andy Larochelle

May 3, 2024, 7:31:47 AMMay 3
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi,

Just wanna put the emphasis on the fact that we need the privacy manifest update released in 4.12.0, but cannot pick it up as we are currently blocked by this bug, since it's something we cannot release with considering the direct impact on users.

Thanks.

IMA SDK

May 3, 2024, 6:18:03 PMMay 3
to alaro...@mirego.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andy,

I can not share any specific time to resolve this issue, this issue is in under development in the team. Once it will resolved i will update here, meanwhile your patience is important.

IMA SDK

Jun 20, 2024, 8:58:59 AM (6 days ago) Jun 20
to ima...@googlegroups.com, alaro...@mirego.com
Hi Andy,

This issue has been fixed now and available in 4.13.0 version.

Kindly upgrade your SDK and verify it.
Thanks