The purpose of the "videoElement" parameter for AdDisplayContainer

Андрей Поздняков

Jul 14, 2022, 5:02:00 AM7/14/22
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Greetings, everyone.
I have a small question about the idea behind the "video" element parameter of AdDisplayContainer object.

The documentation states it is an "alternative video ad playback element". But what does it mean?

1. Under what circumstance SDK decides to play ad through this video element instead of containerElement + iFrame?
2. What would happen to the ad playback and SDK in general if I don't pass it? Will it properly stop playback or there will be an error of any sort?

If possible, I would like to know more technical details about this.

Sincerely yours, Andrey Pozdnyakov.

IMA SDK

Jul 15, 2022, 2:03:02 AM7/15/22
to pozdnyako...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

Michael here from IMA SDK Team. Thank you for reaching out to us.

I shall be raising this concern to the rest of our team for further insights on your query. But for the meantime, would you be able to confirm if your concern mainly focuses for HTML5 SDK platform?

Regards,

Google Logo
Michael Angelo
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2cVzb8:ref

Андрей Поздняков

Jul 15, 2022, 3:35:23 AM7/15/22
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Goot time of the day, Michael.

Yes, my question only relates to HTML5 platform.

Sincerely yours, Andrey Pozdnyakov.

IMA SDK

Jul 15, 2022, 1:43:45 PM7/15/22
to pozdnyako...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Андрей,

I work with Michael. I raised your question to my team and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2cVzb8:ref

IMA SDK

Jul 18, 2022, 5:03:02 PM7/18/22
to ima...@googlegroups.com, pozdnyako...@gmail.com

Hello Андрей,

This is Jackson from the IMA SDK team to help with you issue. The content player passed in is used as the ad player for iOS mobile in certain configurations, and on certain connected TV devices which use the html5 IMA SDK.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Thank you,
Jackson