RE: [ima-sdk] [ima-sdk-html5] NonLinear ad blocks clickthrough of the subsequent midroll linear adBreak

Message has been deleted

IMA SDK

Sep 15, 2021, 2:13:28 AM9/15/21
to ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Maroš,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I could not replicate the same behavior you are reporting with the sample from our VSI that you shared as everything seems to be working as expected. Would you please confirm if you are clicking on the non linear Ad itself rather than the video content? Would it be possible for you to send to us a screen recording of the behavior so we would know how to reproduce it?

Regards,

Google Logo
Michael Angelo Legaspi
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2NUE0b:ref

Tomas Bucher

Sep 15, 2021, 3:44:05 AM9/15/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hello,

I'm part of the team. Quoting Maroš's message "it blocks the user from click through of the midroll linear ad",  the VMAP contains another subsequent midroll position at the 40 second mark, which is linear and the described issue affects that midroll, not the nonlinear ad. Just let the VSI player reach that linear midroll and observe that the midroll is not clickable even though it is using the same tag as preroll where the clickthrough element works as expected.

Thank you in advance for providing some info when this can be fixed if confirmed to be a bug. This is affecting our customers so swift reaction would be much appreciated.
Tomáš Bucher

IMA SDK

Sep 15, 2021, 2:06:44 PM9/15/21
to collapsin...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tomas,

Thank you for the response. I was able to test it again on our end, using the links that you gave us. From what I am seeing, I am getting a different response back then you. I am seeing errors but most of them are due to not being able to be parse or that there are no ads. I did see a banner ad, which was clickable. But I never saw any midroll.

Regards,
Google Logo
William Pescherine
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2NUE0b:ref

Tomas Bucher

Sep 16, 2021, 5:12:19 AM9/16/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hello,

I assume you seeked to the 40 second mark position? I experienced that as well, that's why I intentionally wrote "Just let the VSI player reach that linear midroll", because seeking will cause that "no ad" error. I simply guessed that there might be some error in your demo player. Just let the player reach that position by itself.

Regards,
Tomáš

IMA SDK

Sep 16, 2021, 6:31:14 AM9/16/21
to collapsin...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Tomas,

Thank you for sharing detailed steps to reproduce the behavior. However, I can confirm that we are doing what you instructed to just let the video content and ad play without seeking or doing anything else. At around 33s mark we are receiving the non fatal error which indicates that the VAST response does not contain any valid ads, then followed up immediately by the allAdsCompleted event. I have tested multiple times using your shared link which should replicate the issue.

Could you please try this on your end if you are still seeing the same issue? If not, we would highly recommend reaching out to your ad provider first to check if your Ad Tag is correctly configured.

On the other hand, just to let you know that I deleted your original post as it contains sensitive information. Rest assured that we have a copy of the whole message.

Regards,

Google Logo
Michael Angelo Legaspi
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2NUE0b:ref

Tomas Bucher

Sep 16, 2021, 11:12:19 AM9/16/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hello,

the example I provided was using IMA's own sample tags from https://developers.google.com/interactive-media-ads/docs/sdks/html5/client-side/tags, you could have reached the same conclusion just by looking at the provided VAST xml files.

Alhtough not sure why you did not see the midroll ad, possibly due to region? Anyway, I replaced the linear tag urls in VMAP with static content from our own developer server, so no extra ad logic by Google's own pubads.g.doubleclick.net server should be involved and you should see the ads hopefully every time now. Please take a look again.

Regards,
Tomáš

IMA SDK

Sep 16, 2021, 4:37:08 PM9/16/21
to collapsin...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tomas,

Thank you for the additional information. I was able to finally get the videos to run as expected and saw that the preroll can be clicked on and goes to the new page on a different tab. I then let the video play as you said and saw that the midroll did come up. As you mentioned, I see that it is not clickable and that I can not get any clickthru on this. Please allow me to bring this to our team to have them look more into this.

Regards,
Google Logo
William Pescherine
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2NUE0b:ref

Tomas Bucher

Sep 30, 2021, 9:29:04 AM9/30/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hello,

Some report about progress would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
Tomáš

IMA SDK

Sep 30, 2021, 2:42:54 PM9/30/21
to collapsin...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tomas,

Thank you for the response. Based on your comment I am guessing you were not able to or did not see my answer to your last response. I have copied it below for you to see. I hope this one is able to find you better.

Tomas Bucher

Sep 6, 2022, 6:22:24 AM9/6/22
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
HI all, it has been a year, is this still in the queue to be fixed? Preferably rather sooner than later. Thank you.

IMA SDK

Sep 6, 2022, 12:21:24 PM9/6/22
to collapsin...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tomas,

My team is aware it is still an issue. I raised your comments to my team and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2NUE0b:ref

IMA SDK

Sep 19, 2022, 2:35:08 PM9/19/22
to ima...@googlegroups.com, collapsin...@gmail.com
Hi Tomas,

Thank you for your patience.

The team provided their update and mentioned that the issue reported here has been fixed.

Regards,
Google Logo
Teejay Wennie