[IMA SDK for HTML5] About memory leaks

pineapplevine1

Jul 10, 2023, 9:53:32 PM7/10/23
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hello,

A memory leak was detected during app development using the IMA SDK for HTML5.
In order to identify the cause, I modified the IMA SDK for HTML5 sample simple and verified it.
The attached image (generated by Chrome devtools performance) is

・Play
・Destroy
・Forced GC
・Init

Result of 10 iterations

Looking at this screen, the JS Heap area continues to increase

I would like to attach the modified simple source code, please let me know the storage location.

Regards
Memory.PNG

IMA SDK

Jul 11, 2023, 3:24:46 AM7/11/23
to pineapp...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Thank you for reporting the behavior to us. I went ahead and tested our VSI. As per testing, I'm not getting the continuous increase of JS heap (please see attached screenshot). In order for us to investigate the issue reported on our end, kindly provide to us your modified app using the steps below.

1. Navigate to

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfkAiXMeYP-fw1W3Z-tT9uwmATEKO5X6S-th0gR2ezdKaaqfg/viewform?usp=pp_url&entry.400550049=IMA+SDK&entry.460850823=5004Q00002n67vjQAA&entry.80707362=00187943

2. Fill out all fields, and attach your file(s).

3. Please reply back on this thread when you have uploaded your file(s). Please do not share this link.

This message is in relation to case "ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2n67vj:ref"

Thanks,

Google Logo IMA SDK Team

6rQCNfNfCkDgnma.png

pineapplevine1

Nov 28, 2023, 7:59:53 PM11/28/23
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Sorry for the late reply, I uploaded the file via Google Form.

Here are the execution steps:

1. Open the sample web page in your browser.
2. Click the Play button.
3. Click the Destroy button while the pre-roll ad is playing.
4. Click the Init button.
5. Repeat steps 2 through 4.

Please confirm.

2023年7月11日火曜日 16:24:46 UTC+9 IMA SDK:

IMA SDK

Nov 28, 2023, 11:05:44 PM11/28/23
to pineapp...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for providing the required information.

I will check with our team regarding your query and one of my team members will reach out to you once we have an update on this. Meanwhile, your patience is highly appreciated.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02n67vj:ref"

Thanks,

Google Logo IMA SDK Team

pineapplevine1

Mar 12, 2024, 5:26:42 AMMar 12
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi,  IMA SDK Team

Is there any progress on this issue?

Regards,

2023年11月29日水曜日 13:05:44 UTC+9 IMA SDK:

IMA SDK

Mar 14, 2024, 9:19:20 AMMar 14
to pineapp...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

I don't have any new information at this time, but I have reached out to our engineers to makes sure that they are aware that this is still an issue.

Thanks,

Greg Schoppe
IMA SDK Team

ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02n67vj:ref

pineapplevine1

May 10, 2024, 5:10:22 AMMay 10
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi,  IMA SDK Team

Is there any progress on this issue?

Regards,

2024年3月14日木曜日 22:19:20 UTC+9 IMA SDK:

IMA SDK

May 13, 2024, 12:02:41 PMMay 13
to pineapp...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Unfortunately I do not yet have any news on this bug. I will however continue to advocate for its prioritization.

Thanks,

Greg

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02n67vj:ref" (ADR-00187943)

Thanks,

Google Logo
Greg Schoppe
IMA SDK Team