Midroll ad get on resume the content

Hutendra Singh

May 11, 2021, 4:26:02 AM5/11/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Team,

We are getting a midroll ad on resume the content. In resume functionality, we are seeking to a paused duration if cuepoint crossed by seeked duration then  ad will show.

 How to skip the cuepoints in the resume case? Please guide.

Thanks,
Hutendra Singh

IMA SDK

May 11, 2021, 5:39:23 AM5/11/21
to ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Hutendra,

Thanks for reaching out to us regarding your concern. I'm afraid that I am not able to get exactly the scenario you stated, for us to provide you a precise guidance, could you please confirm if you want to skip an ad after you pass its cuepoint by seeking?

Regards,

Google Logo
Michael Angelo Legaspi
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2H9wGI:ref

Hutendra Singh

May 17, 2021, 2:21:31 AM5/17/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Yes, My question is how to skip cuepoints
ad by seeking?

IMA SDK

May 17, 2021, 4:02:30 AM5/17/21
to ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Hutendra,

Thank you for clarification on your concern.

The IMA SDK does not allow skipping of ads cuepoint by seeking, it is the intended behavior of the SDK to start the ad that you passed thru seeking and then resume the content where you actually seek after the ad completed. However, we do have skippable ads feature that may come in handy as alternative for you, it does not automatically skip ads, but it gives you an option to skip after the ad started. You may read the docs for implementation guide.

Regards,