Skip button not automatically focused while using HTML5 SDK in a webview

krackjack234

Mar 26, 2024, 9:07:22 AMMar 26
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi,

We are trying to play google ima ads using html5 SDK in a webview.

When we load a skippable ad, we see the focus is not automatically going to the SKIP button when it's visible even though the webview is in focus.

We have to press the down button to manually move the focus from webview parent window to the skip button.

We want to know if this is the expected behaviour.

If yes, is it safe to check for the skip button element in DOM (say via aria-label) on the skippable state change event and then set focus to the element programmatically?

Do let us know. Thanks in advance.

IMA SDK

Mar 26, 2024, 3:08:48 PMMar 26
to biswa...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the IMA SDK Support team.

Can you confirm the specific platform type you are using and clarify whether the SDK integration type is client-side or DAI? Also, is the same issue you have mentioned reproducible in our Google sample apps? If yes, Kindly provide the below information privately for further investigation so that we can have full visibility of your implementation:

  • Provide stream details: if it is live or video on demand (VOD). Furthermore, if the content is live, what is the stream format and the asset key? If the content is VOD, what is the stream format, CMS ID, and Video ID?
  • Stream Format is HLS or DASH?
  • If DRM is used, please provide a "clear stream" that has no DRM
  • Video recording of the issue which illustrates the issue clearly
  • Sample project reproducing the issue

You can provide the following details via reply privately to the author option or directly provide it to the link below

If the file(s) you are looking to share are less than 25mb in total you can attach them to this case on your next reply. If you are having trouble attaching your file to this case or if your file(s) are larger than 25mb, you can share your files with me by performing the following steps:

1. Navigate to

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfkAiXMeYP-fw1W3Z-tT9uwmATEKO5X6S-th0gR2ezdKaaqfg/viewform?usp=pp_url&entry.400550049=IMA+SDK&entry.460850823=5004Q00002s0EqCQAU&entry.80707362=00228735

2. Fill out all fields, and attach your file(s).

3. Please reply back on this thread when you have uploaded your file(s). Please do not share this link.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02s0EqC:ref" (ADR-00228735)

Thanks,

Google Logo IMA SDK Team