[iOS] MPRemoteCommandCenter - Playing Ads Automatically

Mohit Chug

Feb 17, 2022, 5:58:07 AM2/17/22
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi,

In our app, we are using google IMA SDK for ads and I have set the AutoPlayAds to false from IMA Settings. So in some cases when I am playing a video and if in case the ad is available to play in a loaded state. And we are giving the play / Toggle Play Pause command from the remote centre it starts playing the Ads In the background, and no events are coming to the didReciveEvents delegate method Also.

As per expectation, the ad should not get played as I have made the auto Play Ads false.

I have also tried to disable the MPRemoteCommands but still, SDK is listing for the same and playing/pausing the ads playback in the background which is unexpected behaviour.

Please suggest the way forward.

Thanks
Mohit Chug

IMA SDK

Feb 18, 2022, 12:23:37 AM2/18/22
to chug....@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hello Mohit,

I'm Michael from IMA SDK Team, thank you for reaching out to us.

Could you confirm what SDK platform you are using and the version of the SDK? Kindly share also the screen recording of the behavior for better illustration of the issue.

If the file(s) you are looking to share are less than 25mb in total you can attach them to this case on your next reply. If you are having trouble attaching your file to this case or if your file(s) are larger than 25mb, you can share your files with me by performing the following steps:

1. Navigate to

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfkAiXMeYP-fw1W3Z-tT9uwmATEKO5X6S-th0gR2ezdKaaqfg/viewform?usp=pp_url&entry.400550049=IMA+SDK&entry.460850823=5004Q00002WwaxcQAB&entry.80707362=00094603

2. Fill out all fields, and attach your file(s).

3. Please reply back on this thread when you have uploaded your file(s). Please do not share this link.

Regards,

Google Logo
Michael Angelo
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Wwaxc:ref

Mohit Chug

Feb 18, 2022, 10:36:39 AM2/18/22
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Michael,

Greetings for the day.
SDK Platform - iOS
SDK Version - pod 'GoogleAds-IMA-iOS-SDK', '= 3.14.5'

I have shared the video to the above-mentioned link. Please look into it and please let me know what could be the solution.

**Please turn the audio on while watching the video.

IMA SDK

Feb 22, 2022, 12:50:59 AM2/22/22
to chug....@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hello Mohit,

Thanks for your response. I wasn't able to replicate the same behavior using our sample apps. Would you be able to share the modified sample app you used for us to test on our end? Kindly provide also the step by step procedure we need to take in order to replicate the same behavior, if there is any specifics please provide.

Please follow the process of sharing the files I have mentioned in my previous response.

Regards,

Mohit Chug

Mar 7, 2022, 2:42:24 AM3/7/22
to Interactive Media Ads SDK

Hi Michael,

Sorry for the late reply, I have submitted the form again and attached the sample code I am using and in that zip, I have attached one PDF file in which I have mentioned the code changes I have made according to my use case. So please read that. In that, I have also mentioned the step by step process of generating the issue. you will be needing on iPhone device and earphone to check the scenario.

Please let me know if anything is missing or could be improved.

Thanks
Mohit chug

IMA SDK

Mar 8, 2022, 1:39:09 AM3/8/22
to chug....@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hello Mohit,

Thank you for providing additional details. With that, I have raised the issue to the rest of our team for further investigation of the behavior. One of them should be able to respond to you once they have more information what is causing the issue. Kindly wait patiently for their response.

IMA SDK

Mar 8, 2022, 11:45:11 AM3/8/22
to ima...@googlegroups.com, chug....@gmail.com
Hi Mohit,

Before we dig too deeply into reproducing and identifying the cause of the behavior you are seeing, we'd like one more verification task. We recently released iOS SDK 3.16.1, which while it doesn't change any SDKs on the surface, does include some changes to how we interact with the MPRemoteCommandCenter.

Can you try updating your cocoapods to this most recent release, and verify that the issue is still occurring? If so, it will give us a significant leg up on diagnosing the underlying issue.

Thanks,

Greg Schoppe
Message has been deleted

Mohit Chug

Mar 9, 2022, 1:47:41 AM3/9/22
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Greg,

As per the latest release history on the website I have found the latest version as 3.15.1 as per this link https://developers.google.com/interactive-media-ads/docs/sdks/ios/client-side/history. So, I have tried to check with this only and were able to reproduce the same issue in this version. I am observing the same behaviour same as previously explained.

When I tried to update the pod to 3.16.1 it starts showing errors in the terminal like not found. I am also attaching the same for your reference.
MicrosoftTeams-image (24).png
Please let me know if anything needs to be fixed on my side.

Thanks
Mohit Chug

Mohit Chug

Mar 23, 2022, 4:52:43 AM3/23/22
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Team,

I did the verification task suggested by your team and shared the results as well in my last Reply. Have your team found any fix/issue? Please let us know the progress / Update. As it is impacting the overall business.

Please update us about the progress. Also, let me know if anything else is to be provided by my side.

Hoping for the quick reply.

Thanks
Mohit

Amit Singh

Apr 18, 2022, 5:35:08 AM4/18/22
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi team,
Please provide some updates on above query.

Mohit Chug

Apr 19, 2022, 2:37:55 AM4/19/22
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Team,

Please provide some updated on above query. As it is critical for the business use case. Hope to get reply for the team soon.

Reminder 03

Thanks

Mohit Chug

Apr 28, 2022, 12:40:14 AM4/28/22
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Team,

Important !!

Please provide some updates on the above query. As it is critical for the business use case. Hope to get a reply from the team soon.

Reminder 04

Thanks

Mohit Chug

IMA SDK

Sep 26, 2022, 12:23:50 PM9/26/22
to chug....@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mohit,

My apologies for the long delay. I accidentally miscategorized this case, and it fell through the cracks in our system. It looks like I mis-spoke when I told you the latest version number. We only recently released 3.16.3 as our latest iOS version.

That said, this behavior does appear to be unintended, so I've opened a bug with our engineering team to look into releasing a fix. Keep an eye on our releases page, as this fix should be called out in our release history, when it goes live.

Akshay Mehta

Jun 26, 2023, 4:18:23 AM6/26/23
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hello Team,

Any update on this issue. We are also facing the same issue. Being a Music app it becomes a very frequent bug. Please provide some workaround

IMA SDK

Jun 28, 2023, 11:20:35 AM6/28/23
to ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Akshay,

I have reached out to our Engineerings to get an update on this issue. I'll respond again as soon as I hear back.

Thanks

pineapplevine1

Oct 11, 2023, 9:13:17 PM10/11/23
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hello Team,

We are also facing the same issue. Being a Video app it becomes a very frequent bug. Please provide some workaround.

Best regards.

2023年6月29日木曜日 0:20:35 UTC+9 IMA SDK:

IMA SDK

Oct 12, 2023, 11:33:52 AM10/12/23
to pineapp...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I've requested an update on the status of the issue, and will get back to you as soon as I have more information.

Thanks,