Sporadic behaviour on webOS TV

Oren Melamed

May 13, 2019, 2:06:10 PM5/13/19
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
The ads sometimes play on same video tag as main content and sometimes on separate one.
What is the expected behaviour here? why is it sometimes playing on same video tag and sometimes not, i.e. custom playback.

From your code it seems that custom playback is always used on user agents that include the user agent string "smartTv" which webOS user agent does contain.
For example webOS V2: Mozilla/5.0 (Web0S; Linux/SmartTV) AppleWebKit/538.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Large Screen WebAppManager Safari/538.2
and webOS v4: Mozilla/5.0 (Web0S; Linux/SmartTV) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/53.0.2785.34 Safari/537.36 WebAppManager

This sporadic behaviour is causing us to need to handle separate use cases and I'm wondering if we are doing something that might cause the isCustomPlaybackUsed check to return different responses?

Also, it seems that the video tag is throwing error when you change ads in a sequence, are you aware of such an issue?
for example in an and break with a few midrolls when moving from one midroll to the other there's a specificd point in time where an error is thrown from the video tag and when we read the src attribute of the video it is empty.

best regards,

Oren M.

IMA SDK

May 17, 2019, 3:39:55 PM5/17/19
to ore...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Oren,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Unfortunately, we don't support HTML5 on smart TVs, running the IMA SDK for HTML5 on a smart TV will most likely result into unexpected behaviors.

Regards,
Arnaud Casame
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UApY8P:ref