Active view measurement sample not working

Fernando

May 29, 2023, 6:58:09 PM5/29/23
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi.

The sample for viewability testing seems not to be working. I have tried with the BasicSample, at first it works but eventually, it stops. In the logs I got this URL returning a 404

Could you take a look into this or provide another sample for testing, please?
Thanks in advance.

Fernando

May 31, 2023, 2:01:11 PM5/31/23
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi IMA SDK team,

Do you have any updates on this?
Thanks.

IMA SDK

Jun 1, 2023, 3:14:40 PM6/1/23
to fvela...@brightcove.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hello Fernando,

Welcome to IMA SDK Support team. Thank you for reaching out to us.

Would you be able to confirm if you modify the Basic sample app to fit your use case? Can you also confirm if you have followed this guidance for Active View Measurement? Kindly also provide the below information for the stream you have used:

  • Asset key - if LIVE stream
  • CMS ID + Video ID - if VOD

Reference links to the highlighted words above:

If the above sample app is modified on your end, kindly provide to us the exact modified sample project so we can test on our end. Moreover, please share a screen recording of the behavior on your end.

If the file(s) you are looking to share are less than 25mb in total you can attach them to this case on your next reply. If you are having trouble attaching your file to this case or if your file(s) are larger than 25mb, you can share your files with me by performing the following steps:

1. Navigate to

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfkAiXMeYP-fw1W3Z-tT9uwmATEKO5X6S-th0gR2ezdKaaqfg/viewform?usp=pp_url&entry.400550049=IMA+SDK&entry.460850823=5004Q00002luQqfQAE&entry.80707362=00181393

2. Fill out all fields, and attach your file(s).

3. Please reply back on this thread when you have uploaded your file(s). Please do not share this link.

This message is in relation to case "ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2luQqf:ref"

Thanks,

Google Logo IMA SDK Team

Fernando

Jun 1, 2023, 5:11:36 PM6/1/23
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi,

I'm using the Basic sample app without any modifications except for in the SampleAdsWrapper.buildStreamRequest method, I removed the previous code and set this:
```
  StreamRequest request = sdkFactory.createVodStreamRequest("2556080", "tears-of-steel-omid", null);
  request.setFormat(StreamFormat.HLS);
  return request;

```

I did follow the guidance of the Active View Measurement, and none of what is mentioned there happens:
The behavior is as follows: The video starts playing, and it shows the preroll ad; after the ad finishes, it continues playing the content, and when it gets into the 01:10 position, it suddenly stops.
What I found in the logs is a 404 response. I did proxy the device using Charles and noticed this URL returns a 404: https://daimidrolls-a.akamaihd.net/truman-netstorage/2982775067/34ca3b39/tent/tears-of-steel/unencrypted/VOD_2500/playlist-00007-A.ts

I am using the asset Tears of Steel for viewability testing and was taken from here.
  Content Source ID: 2556080
  Video ID: tears-of-steel-omid

IMA SDK

Jun 6, 2023, 9:42:06 AM6/6/23
to fvela...@brightcove.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Thank you for providing the requested information. Allow me to communicate your concern to our wider team for further investigation, for the meantime, kindly share with us the charles log of your testing that you mentioned on your previous response.

Message has been deleted

IMA SDK

Jun 7, 2023, 7:58:57 AM6/7/23
to ima...@googlegroups.com, fvela...@brightcove.com
Hello,

Thank you for your patience. The team was able to check the reported issue and find out that this is due to the stream being use in our samples. The stream should be updated and you can use the test active view verification now. You may test it here: https://googleads.github.io/googleads-ima-html5-dai/vsi/?streamType=vod&streamFormat=hls&cmsId=2556080&videoId=tears-of-steel-omid.

IMA SDK

Jun 7, 2023, 8:18:26 AM6/7/23
to ima...@googlegroups.com, fvela...@brightcove.com
Hi Fernado,

We'll have to remove your post that contains Charles logs as this should be only shared privately.

Fernando

Jun 7, 2023, 1:11:13 PM6/7/23
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Thanks for your help.

Should the stream be updated by now? We still see the "Could not ping server: https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/gen_204" in the logs. Is this expected?

FYI: The logs in my previous message were not Charles logs but Android Studio logs.

IMA SDK

Jun 13, 2023, 12:10:55 PM6/13/23
to fvela...@brightcove.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

Thank you for patiently waiting.

The steam should be updated by now to use the test active view verification. Kindly check and see on your end if you are still encountering any issues.

Link to test:
https://googleads.github.io/googleads-ima-html5-dai/vsi/?streamType=vod&streamFormat=hls&cmsId=2556080&videoId=tears-of-steel-omid

Fernando

Jun 14, 2023, 6:39:07 PM6/14/23
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Thank you for your help.

Unfortunately, the sample seems to be back to the previous state I reported first from Jun 1 in this comment. And you can reproduce it following the same link you provided.

Fernando

Jul 25, 2023, 8:37:34 PM7/25/23
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi,

Is there any news on this?

Thanks.

IMA SDK

Jul 26, 2023, 4:40:11 AM7/26/23
to fvela...@brightcove.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Fernando,

Thank you for your response. Allow me to share your insights with the team for further investigation.

IMA SDK

Aug 1, 2023, 6:32:14 AM8/1/23
to ima...@googlegroups.com, fvela...@brightcove.com
Hello Fernando,

Thank you for patiently waiting. Our team have reconditioned the stream and it should be able to run smoothly now. Kindly let us know if you still encounter any issues.

Fernando

Aug 1, 2023, 2:58:13 PM8/1/23
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi,

I confirm the stream is working as expected now.

Thanks!