[iOS] Video size is incorrect when the view is partially off-screen

Alex Huang

Jul 9, 2024, 6:31:14 AM (7 days ago) Jul 9
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi team,

I am encountering an issue with the IMA iOS SDK (v3.22.1) related to the sizing of the video view. Here are the details:

Problem Description

When my video container is partially off-screen, the loaded video view does not fill the entire container as expected. Instead, it appears with an incorrect size, not extending to fill the whole container.
wrong_size.png

However, if the video container is entirely within the screen's boundaries, the video view loads correctly and fills the container as intended.

correct_size.png

Steps to Reproduce
  1. Set up a video container that is partially positioned outside the visible screen area.
  2. Load a video ad using the IMA iOS SDK.
  3. Observe that the video view does not fill the container correctly.
Attachments

Attachments can be found here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1b5tdikwo0W4cwtgvkV0cvj7kVPTHalzb

  • IMA_video_ad_correct_size.mp4
  • IMA_video_ad_wrong_size.mp4
  • AdVideoPlayer(abridged version).swift

Could you please help investigate this issue and provide guidance on how to ensure the Video view fills the container correctly, even when part of the container is off-screen? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Alex Huang

IMA SDK

Jul 9, 2024, 6:56:15 PM (6 days ago) Jul 9
to alexx...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,

Thanks for contacting IMA SDK Support Team.

Are you using collection view inside table view?  I've tried running wih Advance Sample Code and did some customization but did not replicate this issue.
Could you check once all the constraints given properly  ?
If possible share your whole sample project/ use Advance Sample code to replicate issue with us for further investigation ?
Kindly provide in below link.

If the file(s) you are looking to share are less than 25mb in total you can attach them to this case on your next reply. If you are having trouble attaching your file to this case or if your file(s) are larger than 25mb, you can share your files with me by performing the following steps:

1. Navigate to

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfkAiXMeYP-fw1W3Z-tT9uwmATEKO5X6S-th0gR2ezdKaaqfg/viewform?usp=pp_url&entry.400550049=IMA+SDK&entry.460850823=5004Q00002tJoZhQAK&entry.80707362=00245744

2. Fill out all fields, and attach your file(s).

3. Please reply back on this thread when you have uploaded your file(s). Please do not share this link.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tJoZh:ref" (ADR-00245744)

Thanks,

Google Logo IMA SDK Team

Tzu-Hsun Huang

Jul 12, 2024, 6:28:04 AM (4 days ago) Jul 12
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
> If the file(s) you are looking to share are less than 25mb in total you can attach them to this case on your next reply. If you are having trouble attaching your file to this case or if your file(s) are larger than 25mb, you can share your files with me by performing the following steps:
I've uploaded the files in the original post to that link (Google Ads Developer Support Form for Large Attachments).

> I've tried running wih Advance Sample Code and did some customization but did not replicate this issue.
I apologize for not having built a reproducible sample app yet. Could you please share the customized sample app you mentioned? It would be helpful, and I can also attempt to reproduce the issue on this app.

>Are you using collection view inside table view?
The issue can be reproducible in both scenarios:
  • A Horizontal ScrollView with a StackView (ad cards are added to this StackView) inside a CollectionView.
  • A UIView (the ad card) inside a Vertical ScrollView with a StackView.

Btw, here is an important new findings.
  • This issue was introduced after we did a migration for Google iOS IMA from 3.18.4 to 3.22.1 (just a version bump, no other code change)

IMA SDK

8:06 AM (14 hours ago) 8:06 AM
to alexx...@gmail.com

Hi Alex,

Thank you for providing more information.

I had also ran Advance Sample in 3.18.4 and 3.22.1 versions and the mentioned issue is not replicating. There is no seperate customized sample app, we have made some changes to the Advance Sample. Change is added the collectionView inside a tableView and the issue is not replicating.

For us to investigate this issue further we would require the sample project to debug, find the root cause and may provide the solution

You can provide the following details via reply privately to the author option or directly provide it to the link below.