Open ads in app when clicked on Learn More Button (Android)

shafqat satti

May 4, 2023, 1:41:24 AM5/4/23
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Team,

I have one more query/question related to Interactive Media Ads (IMA) SDKs. We are using this SDK for both iOS and Android.

When user clicked on “Learn More”, we want to open ads url link in in-App browser. It’s is working fine for us for iOS  as there is a property in SDK that allow us to open ads in in-app browser here is the code mentioned below

        let adsRenderingSettings = IMAAdsRenderingSettings()
        adsRenderingSettings.linkOpenerDelegate = self
        adsRenderingSettings.linkOpenerPresentingController = self
        adsRenderingSettings.openWebLinksExternally = false

It’s working fine for iOS but we didn’t found any property in Android IMA SDK that allow us to open url link in in-app browser.

In case of Android when user clicked on “Learn More” button, currently it’s open the url link in external browser.

My question in is there is an any way in the Android SDK to open url link in in-app browser? like iOS SDK is doing.

SDKs we are using

GoogleAds-IMA-iOS-SDK
com.google.android.exoplayer2.ext.ima

Regards

Shafqat

IMA SDK

May 4, 2023, 7:02:41 AM5/4/23
to shafq...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Shafqat,

Thank you for reaching out.

For Android, you can use AdsRenderingSettings.setEnableCustomTabs() and AdsRenderingSettings.getEnableCustomTabs() for in-app click-through of ads using custom tabs.

Refer to the links below:

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Google Logo IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2lAAfu:ref

shafqat satti

May 5, 2023, 1:46:30 AM5/5/23
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Thank you for your reply

IMA SDK

May 5, 2023, 2:16:33 AM5/5/23
to shafq...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Happy to assist. Don't hesitate to reach out for any IMA SDK concerns.

Regards,