Error in release buuld for PreRoll Ads

gouravg...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2021, 3:52:52 AM7/1/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi

I am using IMA client side implementation for showing PreRoll ads in android.
In my debug build, every thing is working fine.. Ads are getting played. But when i tested the same implementation on release build it is giving the below error everytime.

     Error Message: null
     ErrorType: LOAD
     ErrorCode: AdErrorCode [name: UNKNOWN_ERROR, number: 900]
     ErrorCodeNumber: 900

Can you please help here? I am not able to understand why i am getting error on release build only and everything working fine on debug build.

Thanks
Gourav Goyal

IMA SDK

Jul 1, 2021, 5:50:36 AM7/1/21
to gouravg...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Gourav,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Were you able to reproduce the error on our sample apps? The error is quite too vague and you mentioned that it is working fine with your debug build, thus making me thing that there is part of your settings in the release build that causing this error and not with the IMA SDK itself. On what part this error occur? Were you able to open the app or it does happen when you try to play the content? Could you please share us with us the steps to reproduce this behavior? It would also be best if you can share screen recording of the issue.

Regards,

Google Logo
Michael Angelo Legaspi
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2JXnZv:ref

Gourav goyal

Jul 1, 2021, 5:54:48 AM7/1/21
to IMA SDK, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Actually we have implemented audio ad using IMA. Everytime when we play content, we sent request for ads and i get this error in response.
You have any idea what settings is release build could cause this issue? Should i have to add anything in proguard file fro release build?

Thanks
Gourav Goyal

IMA SDK

Jul 1, 2021, 12:52:17 PM7/1/21
to gouravg...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Gourav,

Thank you for the response back. In looking over this the first issue is that you state this is for Android and that it seems you are using audio only ads? If this is the case, for android audio only ads does not work currently and is something that we have already passed along to the team. As for the error you show us. We would need more context to be able to give better advise. Can you share with us via "Reply to author" button. With a simple sample as well as steps to make this reproducible.

Regards,

Google Logo
William Pescherine