Server Side Ads w/ IMA SDK

KG

Aug 5, 2019, 2:18:28 PM8/5/19
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hello,

We are exploring using AWS MediaTailor for server side ad insertion ( with google ad manager ). Would I be able to use the IMA SDK to handle player behavior (displaying ad ui, skip button, etc..) with server side ads? Is the IMA SDK only for use-cases where ads are requested client side?

Thank You

IMA SDK

Aug 5, 2019, 5:17:44 PM8/5/19
to kjg...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The Google IMA DAI SDK allows developers to request and track DAI streams which contains video content and ads. The IMA DAI SDK will certainly fit the requirements of your project where ads are requested from the server-side.

Regards,
Arnaud Casame
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UEHw3E:ref

KG

Aug 8, 2019, 12:01:08 PM8/8/19
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
The DAI documentation is mentions that:

Note: Dynamic ad insertion requires that you have an Ad Manager 360 account and an account manager. Please contact your account manager if you are interested in signing up.

Would we be able to leverage this SDK if we use another service like AWS Mediatailor to stitch ads into our video content, or do we need to use Google's solution for DAI? I'm not sure what Ad Manager 360 is/does and when looking at the code sample for DAI, an asset key and content id is required?

Александр Кудряшов

Aug 8, 2019, 12:02:13 PM8/8/19
to KG, Interactive Media Ads SDK

чт, 8 авг. 2019 г. в 19:01, KG <kjg...@gmail.com>:
The DAI documentation is mentions that:

Note: Dynamic ad insertion requires that you have an Ad Manager 360 account and an account manager. Please contact your account manager if you are interested in signing up.

Would we be able to leverage this SDK if we use another service like AWS Mediatailor to stitch ads into our video content, or do we need to use Google's solution for DAI? I'm not sure what Ad Manager 360 is/does and when looking at the code sample for DAI, an asset key and content id is required?

IMA SDK

Aug 8, 2019, 4:53:51 PM8/8/19
to glob...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com, kjg...@gmail.com
Hi,

Currently, the IMA SDK can only work with DAI's ad-stitching service, it is part of the Ad Manager 360 service. For further details on what Ad Manager 360 is and does, we would recommend you to reach out to the Ad Manager Support team. In the meantime, I'll create a feature request so the IMA SDK can be used  with another service like AWS Mediatailor to stich ads and I'll come back to this thread once I have more information.

Shriprasad Marathe

Jul 15, 2022, 3:23:36 AM7/15/22
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hello Team,

Does IMA SDK now supports third party SSAI? I am using AWS MediaTailor as SSAI Service and want to use it via IMA SDK so that I can get the ads from GAM and stitch them into Main content using MediaTailor

IMA SDK

Jul 15, 2022, 10:50:18 AM7/15/22
to shriprasa...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shriprasad,

To use IMA DAI, you must have an Ad Manager 360 Advanced account. If you have an Ad Manager account, contact your account manager for more details. For information about signing up for Ad Manager, visit the Ad Manager Help Center.

I raised with my team your request for direct AWS MediaTailor as SSAI Service support using the DAI SDK. This request is subject to review. You may monitor our blog for an update.

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UEHw3E:ref

IMA SDK

Jul 15, 2022, 3:38:56 PM7/15/22
to ima...@googlegroups.com, shriprasa...@gmail.com
Hi Shiprasad,

My team told me the following:

This is one use-case for the PAL SDK. The SDK allows you to make a nonce request for a nonce from GAM, this can then be used to facilitate stitching GAM ads with third party SSAI. Note that this option provides less guidance/support for the ad UI and stream handling.

Regards,