IMA SDK: Ad Revenue with Google Analytics 4

Vladislav Drabkov

May 8, 2024, 7:13:06 AMMay 8
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hey team,

Could you please tell me, how can I report Ad Revenue generated with IMA SDK and AdManager to Google Analytics?

For example, when I link Google Analytics with Google AdManager - I can see ad impressions coming from my website with revenue.

But, when I use Google IMA for my in-stream video ads, I found that these impressions are not passing automatically to GA4 and I don't see revenue from ads.

Do you have any instruction or guide on how can I pass events to Google Analytics - so I can see Ad Revenue in monetisation section?

IMA SDK

May 8, 2024, 1:15:44 PMMay 8
to ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the IMA SDK support team.

The default configuration of the standard Google Analytics integration with AdManager does not account for in-app video ad revenue generated through the IMA SDK. Report this data in google analytics by Custom Event Tracking with IMA SDK. This approach entails incorporating custom event tracking code within the implementation of IMA. Specific events will be defined to capture impressions, clicks, and revenue metrics attributable to in-app video advertisements. Subsequently, this data will be transmitted to Google Analytics for comprehensive analysis.

Please find help center article Automatically collected events for implementing custom IMA events.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tIumZ:ref" (ADR-00234131)

Thanks,

Google Logo IMA SDK Team