IOS: only audio Ads using IMA

as0...@gmail.com

May 13, 2021, 8:02:53 AM5/13/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi,

Is there any mechanism exist to play audio ads using IMA?
suppose i want to play audio ads between a song in my IOS music app, is there any way to achieve this using IMA SDK?

if there is any way to achieve this, please provide sample app link or reference to the guide for ios client.

Thanks,
Ashish Mishra

IMA SDK

May 13, 2021, 11:10:13 AM5/13/21
to as0...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ashish,

Here's a link to our guide for audio playback in background iOS client side. We are looking into getting the IMA SDK to work in background mode with WKWebView, you may monitor our release notes for an update. Version 3.11.2 of our SDK reportedly works in background, but you will have to check with OS versions.

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh Baker
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2HAc1G:ref

as0...@gmail.com

May 13, 2021, 11:38:42 AM5/13/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi,

my problem statement is for Only audio ads, i.e without any video. Without creating IMAAdDisplayContainer, without having a view in view hierarchy.

i want to play only audio between 2 songs whether app is in background or foreground.

How to do that with IMA?

Thanks,
Ashish Mishra.

IMA SDK

May 13, 2021, 3:36:34 PM5/13/21
to as0...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ashish,

Currently, we don't have a way to implement the IMA SDK for client side iOS without IMAAdDisplayContainer. I brought up with my team your request for such a feature and you may monitor our release notes for an update.