IMA SDK now supported Airplay?

Xuan Thien Tran

Feb 27, 2019, 9:45:55 PM2/27/19
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi support team,

I read old poster (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/ima-sdk/xNsdSvo3kt0) said not support Airplay.

Now, IMA SDK now supported Airplay?

Thank you so much!

ima-sdk-fo...@google.com

Feb 28, 2019, 12:17:34 AM2/28/19
to ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Please note that the IMA SDK does not support AirPlay and we don't support issues related to it.

If you want to implement background ad playback on iOS, you can refer to this guide.

Regards,
Janica Khemlani
IMA SDK Team

Ricardo Cavalcanti

May 23, 2019, 3:20:31 PM5/23/19
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi there,

is there any news about airplay support?

Looking at the release notes in https://developers.google.com/interactive-media-ads/docs/sdks/ios/v3/history, I noticed that version 3.8.2 "Fixes an issue where content did not resume on iOS+AirPlay."

I have an issue with the app running in the background: where after a pre-roll Ad plays, content starts, but when the app comes back to the foreground, the first Ad frame display in a stalling state and the UI becomes irresponsive. Even if I destroy the adManager when the app comes back to foreground.

Cheers,

IMA SDK

May 23, 2019, 5:15:15 PM5/23/19
to kval...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ricardo,

The IMA SDK do have iOS Airplay support now. Were you able to reproduce the behavior using our iOS BasicExample sample? Can you also share a video recording showing the behavior you encountered while testing?

Regards,
Arnaud Casame
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UAqSKs:ref

Ricardo Cavalcanti

May 27, 2019, 8:43:50 AM5/27/19
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
I'll try and get back here.
Cheers,

Ricardo Cavalcanti

May 27, 2019, 12:34:32 PM5/27/19
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
I was able to reproduce in the Basic example. The changes I performed can be found here: https://github.com/googleads/googleads-ima-ios/compare/master...rcavaltw:master
The changes can be resumed to:

The steps to reproduce are:
1. Play the video
2. let the ad play normally,
3. Once the media starts to play, enable airplay
4. Put the app in background

Instead of having the media playing normally, once the app goes to background, the airplay output displays a frozen frame from the ad.
If you bring the app back to the foreground, the airplay output goes back to the media.

A video showing the behavior can be found in https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PvJfzBQa6rCO4m34Ux8_58dq9xmgeGZN

Cheers

IMA SDK

May 28, 2019, 2:23:43 PM5/28/19
to kval...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ricardo,

Allow me to share the behavior with the rest of the team, they are going to review it and I'll get back to you once we have our findings.
Message has been deleted

IMA SDK

Jun 4, 2019, 4:01:12 PM6/4/19
to jueh...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matthew,

Thank you for providing additional details with regards to the issue, I'll share them with the rest of the team and come back to this thread as soon as I have more information.

Ricardo Cavalcanti

Jun 5, 2019, 2:24:11 PM6/5/19
to Interactive Media Ads SDK

In one attempt to workaround the issue by destroying the adsManager when the the app goes to background/foreground and it doesn't help either.
Things we've tried:
            adsManager?.discardAdBreak()
            adsManager?.destroy()
            adsManager = nil
            adsLoader = nil

none of which work. The screen keeps displaying the frozen frame.

IMA SDK

Jun 5, 2019, 5:48:56 PM6/5/19
to kval...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ricardo,

The issue you encountered while using the IMA SDK via Airplay has been shared to the rest of the team. They are actively working on reviewing the behavior. Once they have their findings, I'll get back to this thread.