Wrong behavior of IMA ads on CAF receiver

harshal...@gmail.com

Jan 2, 2021, 2:14:51 PM1/2/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi,
        We have created a CAF receiver which supports IMA ads. The adUrl is injected in the following way in the messageInterceptor

request.media.vmapAdsRequest = {
            adTagUrl: request.media.metadata.AD_TAG_URL,
        }

        From last couple of days, all the ads are getting treated as postrolls even though those are correctly represented as prerolls, midrolls and postrolls at the sender side.

There is no code change at the receiver side from last month.

Could you please look into this and update?

Regards,
Harshal

harshal...@gmail.com

Jan 3, 2021, 2:12:32 PM1/3/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi,

We referred the following link to implement ads at receiver side

Sharing the snippet used
this.playerManager_.setMessageInterceptor(
cast.framework.messages.MessageType.LOAD,
async (request) => {
if(request.media.metadata.AD_TAG_URL && request.media.metadata.AD_TAG_URL.length){
request.media.vmapAdsRequest = {
adTagUrl: request.media.metadata.AD_TAG_URL,
};}
return request;
});

Could you please?

Regards,
Harshal

IMA SDK

Jan 3, 2021, 8:59:00 PM1/3/21
to harshal...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Harshal,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please note that CAF ad breaks functionality is an alternative to the IMA SDK implementation. Any issues related to this should be reported via the Cast developer support. They would be able to assist with your query about ads behavior on CAF receiver.

Regards,

Google Logo
Sherwin Diesta
IMA SDK Team