Error 1005 Caused by BrowsingTopics

Muhammad Najie

1:06 AM (3 hours ago) 1:06 AM
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi,

Today my team tried to run preroll ads on our platform, it used to work. While there are no changes on our codebase, we got a 1005 error code error with the following details.

AdsLoader error: AdError 1005: There was a problem requesting ads from the server. Caused by: Error: Failed to execute 'fetch' on 'Window': browsingTopics: Topics operations are only available in secure contexts.

I think this happened just recently. Why did this happen? Because it just doesn't work in the local development, not the production stage.

Thanks,
Najie

Muhammad Najie

1:07 AM (3 hours ago) 1:07 AM
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Ah, I forgot to add that it doesn't work only in Chrome. I tested it on Safari and Firefox, preroll still can be played.