[iOS] Unable to install IMA SDK manually (Crashes on launch)

Johnny Tseng

Jan 10, 2021, 2:22:01 AM1/10/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hello,

I'm trying to install the IMA SDK manually (because installing through CocoaPods will generate an "dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/GoogleInteractiveMediaAds.framework/GoogleInteractiveMediaAds" error.

However, following the tutorial provided here: https://developers.google.com/interactive-media-ads/docs/sdks/ios/client-side#expandable-1 doesn't works

It generates a "Framework not found GoogleInteractiveMediaAds" error

Screen Shot 2021-01-10 at 15.15.36.png

Someone said this is caused by the "Framework search path" not correctly set (https://medium.com/@steve.mu.dev/solving-framework-not-found-error-in-xcode-1ae21bac229)

So I set the framework search path, it could correctly build and run, but also generate the same "dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/GoogleInteractiveMediaAds.framework/GoogleInteractiveMediaAds" error

This is the demo project for "Framework not found GoogleInteractiveMediaAds" error:

https://github.com/JohnnyTseng/IMATest

Can somebody help me? Thanks!

Johnny Tseng

Jan 10, 2021, 2:26:02 AM1/10/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
This is the demo project for dyld: Library not loaded issue, https://github.com/JohnnyTseng/IMATest2

Reproduce step:

1. Directly drag "GoogleInteractiveMediaAds.framework" to project folder, Select copy files if needed

2. Build and Run

3. Crash

Screen Shot 2021-01-10 at 15.25.28.png

Johnny Tseng

Jan 10, 2021, 2:27:19 AM1/10/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Environment:

- Xcode 12.3
- Pure Objective-C project
- macOS 11.1

Latest version (3.13.0) of Google IMA SDK downloaded from: https://developers.google.com/interactive-media-ads/docs/sdks/ios/client-side/download

IMA SDK

Jan 11, 2021, 2:28:50 AM1/11/21
to johnni...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Johnny,

Thank you for sharing your concern with us.

The issue on “dyld: Library not loaded” has been reported to us previously and one workaround here is to follow the instructions in the guide to install the SDK through pods, and then reset the 'Basic Example' folder.

You can do this by clicking on the red 'Basic Example' folder and then in "Identity and type" in the right side of Xcode clicking on the folder icon and setting it to 'app' in finder. Delete the image.xcassets and storyboard and update where info.plist by clicking on blue 'Basic Example' - then under 'General' in the middle pane - under 'Identity' updating where info.plist is found and then try running the app.

Let me know if the above works for you.

Regards,

Google Logo
Sherwin Diesta
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2AJ3Xo:ref

Johnny Tseng

Jan 11, 2021, 2:34:42 AM1/11/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi,

Actually I've tried installing using CocoaPods, however, it still crashes,
the dyld not found issue still occurs (but randomly, sometimes you run the app it'll crash, sometimes it won't.)

Installing using CocoaPods on a pure clean project works with no crash, I'm guessing there's some conflict between IMA SDK and my project (It's an 6 years old Objective-C project)
Are there any workarounds to install manually?

Thanks!

IMA SDK

Jan 11, 2021, 6:23:16 AM1/11/21
to johnni...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Johnny,

Upon further testing, I was able to replicate the issue that you are experiencing with manual install using our basic sample. Let me share this information with the team and I’ll get back to you once I receive an update.

Regards,

Johnny Tseng

Jan 12, 2021, 10:02:34 PM1/12/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi,

Great! Looking forward to get a fix version.

Thank you.

IMA SDK

Jan 13, 2021, 1:09:58 AM1/13/21
to johnni...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Johnny,

Thank you for your message. We don't have any update yet but rest assured, the team is actively looking into this. We will keep you posted.

Regards,

Johnny Tseng

Jan 27, 2021, 8:22:39 PM1/27/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi,

Are there any updates to this issue?

Thank you!

IMA SDK

Jan 28, 2021, 2:21:04 AM1/28/21
to johnni...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

As per checking, I'm afraid that this is still under investigation. I've made a follow up to the team to get some information that we could share to you. I'll let you know the soonest they provide their feedback.

Regards,
Google Logo
Teejay Wennie Pimentel
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2AJ3Xo:ref

Johnny Tseng

Mar 11, 2021, 10:02:28 PM3/11/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi,

After one month, has this issue been fixed?

Thank you!

IMA SDK

Mar 12, 2021, 1:59:12 AM3/12/21
to johnni...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Johnny,

Sad to say but there’s no update at the moment. However, allow me to follow up this with the team. Rest assured, will let you know once we have an update.

Regards,

Google Logo
Sherwin Diesta
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2AJ3Xo:ref

Bhavna Soni

Jan 13, 2022, 7:18:57 AM1/13/22
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi, Is there any update on this?
I want to use the SDK by installing manually and not via CocoaPods.
Please let me know the steps.

IMA SDK

Jan 13, 2022, 10:41:31 PM1/13/22
to bhavna....@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hello Bhavna,

Thank you for reaching out to us, I'm Michael from IMA SDK Team.

Allow me to check on our team and see if there has been any resolution regarding this issue. I will update you on this thread the soonest I received sufficient information.

Regards,

Google Logo
Michael Angelo Legaspi
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2AJ3Xo:ref

IMA SDK

Jul 21, 2022, 6:47:24 AM7/21/22
to bhavna....@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hello everyone,

Hope you are all doing well.

I just want to get back to let you know that this issue has been fixed.

To resolved this on your end, kindly update using the latest version of the iOS SDK, or by not targeting M1 macs for previous versions.

Regards,

Google Logo
Michael Angelo