Releasing IMA SDK js file

krackjack234

Oct 14, 2020, 6:36:40 AM10/14/20
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi,

We are using Advanced IMA SDK to play IMA Ads. We are seeing one issue that the IMA JS file is not released even on releasing Adsloader.

We are able to inspect and see http://imasdk.googleapis.com/native/sdkloader/native_sdk_v3_debug.html is seen in DOM and its occupying 30MB of heap memory.

Question:

When we delete IMA ads loader, should we expect this DOM containing ima html to disappear?

If not, how can we ensure that this html is not in DOM when we release IMA

Thanks

IMA SDK

Oct 14, 2020, 10:27:17 AM10/14/20
to biswa...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Could you replicate this issue in our Sample apps or is that what you meant when you said "Advanced"? If so, could you provide the steps you took to see this issue?

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh Baker
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2698jO:ref

krackjack234

Oct 14, 2020, 4:01:30 PM10/14/20
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi,

We can reproduce the issue with Advanced IMA example code. We tested on IMA v3.20 and v3.16.5 and could see the issue.

Here is what we tried

1. After creating Adsloader added below code to make the web view debuggable

WebView.setWebContentsDebuggingEnabled(true);

2. Run the app and tried any of the available options like VMAP or Postroll
3. Open browser and typed chrome://inspect/#devices to check DOM

Here is what we saw.

Every time we selected an option and played ads, a new entry is seen in DOM with below url

The entry does not get removed from dom even if we leave player screen and go to main menu
Here is a Screenshot from Chrome browser

If we inspect any of this entry and go to Memory tab, we see the heap memory allocated is greater than 0

Once AdsManager is destroyed, should we not expect DOM to clear this entry?
Is this is really a memory leak or an expected behavior?

Thanks

IMA SDK

Oct 14, 2020, 11:05:39 PM10/14/20
to biswa...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi there,

Thank you for adding information regarding your concern. Following the steps you provided and with our advanced sample app (SDK version 3.20), I was able to see the behavior that you’re experiencing. I’m going to share this with the team and we'll let you know as soon as we have an update.

Regards,

Google Logo
Sherwin Diesta
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2698jO:ref

IMA SDK

Jan 12, 2021, 5:23:15 AM1/12/21
to biswa...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi there,

Just an update. The SDK version 3.22.0 has been released. Let me know if this version would be able to solve the memory leak issue on your end.

Regards,