RE: [ima-sdk] Bug Report: Sample tag post roll plus bumper does not load if called twice

63 skatījumi
Pāriet uz pirmo nelasīto ziņojumu
Ziņojums ir izdzēsts

IMA SDK

nelasīta,
2021. gada 21. jūn. 03:48:2821.06.21
uz kevin....@stnvideo.com,ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Thank you for raising this to us. I've tried your ad tag on VSI and can confirm the issue on my end. That said, I've raised this to the team for further investigation. I'll update this thread the soonest they provide their feedback.

As an aside, I have to mask your post as it contains sensitive information. Please refrain from posting sensitive information like ad tag in the forum. Moving forward, if you want to share anything with us, you can use the "Reply Privately to Author" option to share the details privately. Below is the copy of your post scrubbed.

The example tag here Postroll + bumper: ****

If you put it in the video suite inspector it will begin loading the video. If while the video is playing, you load the ad tag a second time, the ad will not load at all, instead it will show the companion ads from the previous ads request.

If you load the same tag a THIRD time, it will load the post roll properly.

Essentially, it seems that if you load two post roll ads one after the other without playing the first one, the ima sdk gets stuck in a hung state until the next ad request.

Video Attached

Regards,
Google Logo
Teejay Wennie Pimentel
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Ix3SP:ref

kevin....@stnvideo.com

nelasīta,
2021. gada 21. jūn. 11:03:1321.06.21
uz Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Teejay, The ad tag I provided is publicly available as part of the ima sdk Video Suite Inspector sample tags, taken from this page:
https://developers.google.com/interactive-media-ads/docs/sdks/html5/client-side/tags

Couple you please clarify? This publicly available ad tag that is part of the sdk documentation is considered sensitive information?

IMA SDK

nelasīta,
2021. gada 22. jūn. 01:41:0822.06.21
uz kevin....@stnvideo.com,ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Kevin,

I work with Teejay.

Our team got back to us and shared some information.

We believe this issue is specific to the VSI player, and while a fix is being worked on we recommend reloading the player to test different ad tags.

are you seeing this behavior outside of the VSI?

For your other question, we do this masking to protect client's data. But if an Ad tag is part of our publicly available sample Ad tags then it is not a sensitive information.

Regards,

Google Logo
Michael Angelo Legaspi
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Ix3SP:ref

kevin....@stnvideo.com

nelasīta,
2021. gada 22. jūn. 14:24:3722.06.21
uz Interactive Media Ads SDK
I am seeing this behavior in my own custom implementation and I have been unable to prevent it from happening.
This makes my player unable to have postroll and a selectable playlist as if I change content before the postroll has fired and completed, the sdk becomes unstable.

IMA SDK

nelasīta,
2021. gada 22. jūn. 14:37:3822.06.21
uz kevin....@stnvideo.com,ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kevin,

Are you able to replicate this behavior in one of our sample apps with slight modification?

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh Baker
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Ix3SP:ref

Kevin Brogan

nelasīta,
2021. gada 22. jūn. 15:25:3622.06.21
uz IMA SDK,ima...@googlegroups.com
yes. taking the playlist example, and modifying the tag to use a postroll instead of the provided preroll, if i click the first playlist item twice and then click play, the postroll will fail to fire once the content is completed.

IMA SDK

nelasīta,
2021. gada 23. jūn. 01:28:0123.06.21
uz kevin....@stnvideo.com,ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Kevin,

As per testing, I wasn't able to replicate this on our playlist sample, as the app itself is not working properly on our end. Could you please confirm this and send us a screen recording of the behavior?

On the other hand, I will raise the issue of non working app with our team.

Regards,

Google Logo
Michael Angelo Legaspi
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Ix3SP:ref

kevin....@stnvideo.com

nelasīta,
2021. gada 23. jūn. 12:38:2723.06.21
uz Interactive Media Ads SDK
Three things you need to do make the sample work:

remove the line
goog.module('google3.personalization.zipit.frontend.javascript.external-javascript.ads.interactivemedia.sdk.clientside.samples.googleads-ima-html5.playlist.video_player');
from the video_player.js file

add an https: prefix to the ima and gpt js links

change the sample tag to use one that is postroll

IMA SDK

nelasīta,
2021. gada 24. jūn. 01:20:5324.06.21
uz kevin....@stnvideo.com,ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Kevin,

I appreciate that you for provided a workaround solution for the playlist sample app.

I was able to run the playlist and the post roll with the steps you provided. I click the playlist twice to play the content and after the content completed, the post roll Ad playback started. Did I miss any steps to reproduce this issue? Could you please send us the screen recording of the behavior so we could look deeper into it?

Regards,

kevin....@stnvideo.com

nelasīta,
2021. gada 24. jūn. 15:41:4424.06.21
uz Interactive Media Ads SDK
I added this small link to the playlist video player to cut down on the time of the video.

video attached

I click on the first playlist item.
The video begins to play
the log shows a loaded event
i wait a few seconds
i click the first playlist item again
the video pauses, no events are logged
i click the play button
the video begins to play
i click the last 5 seconds link
the video ends
postroll does not fire.
screen-capture.webm

IMA SDK

nelasīta,
2021. gada 25. jūn. 01:56:4925.06.21
uz kevin....@stnvideo.com,ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for providing additional information. I was able to replicate the issue now with the sample playlist app. With this, I will update my team that it is reproducible even within our sample apps and we will get back to you once they share their feedback.

Regards,

IMA SDK

nelasīta,
2022. gada 15. jūl. 06:48:4215.07.22
uz kevin....@stnvideo.com,ima...@googlegroups.com

Hello Kevin,

Hope you are doing well.

I just want to get back here as we received feedback from our team that interrupting the player during an ad break is not supported by IMA, and we recommend avoiding that behavior.

If a user is instant about keeping this behavior, we would recommend a full IMA break down:

- AdsManager.destroy()

https://developers.google.com/interactive-media-ads/docs/sdks/html5/client-side/reference/js/google.ima.AdsManager#destroy

- AdsLoader.destroy()

https://developers.google.com/interactive-media-ads/docs/sdks/html5/client-side/reference/js/google.ima.AdsLoader#destroy

- AdsDisplayContainer.destory()

https://developers.google.com/interactive-media-ads/docs/sdks/html5/client-side/reference/js/google.ima.AdDisplayContainer#destroy

- Then removing the current video player and creating a new player and re-initiating IMA.

Let us know should you have other concerns with the SDK.

Regards,

Google Logo
Michael Angelo
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Ix3SP:ref

kevin....@stnvideo.com

nelasīta,
2022. gada 15. jūl. 12:54:5115.07.22
uz Interactive Media Ads SDK
If this behavior is not supported, then please document as such on the SDK documentation site.

IMA SDK

nelasīta,
2022. gada 15. jūl. 15:44:1815.07.22
uz kevin....@stnvideo.com,ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kevin,

I brought your comments to my team. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Ix3SP:ref

IMA SDK

nelasīta,
2023. gada 8. maijs 04:02:0108.05.23
uz ima...@googlegroups.com,kevin....@stnvideo.com

Hi Kevin,

We have received the following feedback from the team:

IMA does not document Terms of Service on its devsite. You may instead refer here: https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/3522024

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Google Logo IMA SDK Team