[Android] sdk loads more than 10 seconds of the ad before starting playback

kaderdib

Feb 2, 2023, 12:18:37 PM2/2/23
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi,

I am using hls streaming for the ads.
The sdk seems to download more than 10 seconds of the ad before to start the playback.

Is there a way to set this time in particular to improve the user experience in case of pre-roll

Best regards,
kaderdib

IMA SDK

Feb 2, 2023, 4:46:58 PM2/2/23
to ab...@bouyguestelecom.fr, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

Michael here from IMA SDK Support team. Thank you for reaching out to us.

I'm afraid that there is no other way to set this time in particular. However, you may try following the guide for Preloading Media and see if it would fit to your use case.

Regards,

Google Logo
Michael Angelo
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2iV7Wi:ref

IMA SDK

Feb 2, 2023, 5:08:04 PM2/2/23
to ab...@bouyguestelecom.fr, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

Following up on my previous response. I noticed that you were referring for Android SDK implementation. Thus, you may refer to this Preloading Media guide for Android SDK instead.

kaderdib

Feb 3, 2023, 3:01:58 AM2/3/23
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hello Michael,

Thank you for this feedback.

Yes, i a am already setting   Preloading Media guide for Android SDK.
But, our issue is on the pre-roll, the sdk waits until downloading 6-8 segments (2 seconds each one) before to start playback. So we can see a black screen before the ad playback starts.
In my case, i am using a VMAP ad rules and as described in the timing section,  there is no difference with preload and without preload.

Best regards,
kaderdib

IMA SDK

Feb 3, 2023, 1:39:28 PM2/3/23
to ab...@bouyguestelecom.fr, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

Edessa here and I work along with Michael. Thank you for responding back to us.

For our team to have an illustration of the issue you are encountering, kindly share with us the below information:

  • exact sample app used to replicate the behavior
  • Screen recording of the behavior for better illustration of the issue
  • VMAP Tag / VAST ad tag url used

You may send the requested details privately via "Reply To Author" button or with the below process.

If you are having trouble attaching your file to this case or if your file(s) are larger than 25mb, you can share your files with me by performing the following steps:

1. Navigate to

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfkAiXMeYP-fw1W3Z-tT9uwmATEKO5X6S-th0gR2ezdKaaqfg/viewform?usp=pp_url&entry.400550049=IMA+SDK&entry.460850823=5004Q00002iPmAzQAK&entry.80707362=00165358

2. Fill out all fields, and attach your file(s).

3. Please reply back on this thread when you have uploaded your file(s). Please do not share this link.

Regards,

Google Logo
Edessa