[IMA SDK HTML5] Can't change style button skip ads

Hieu Cao K.

Jul 25, 2022, 5:55:22 AM7/25/22
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi, can you help me?
I want change style css (background-color) for button skip ads. Here is my code: https://codepen.io/st-hieucao/pen/KKovmpo

Thank youu

IMA SDK

Jul 26, 2022, 12:21:48 AM7/26/22
to hieu...@supremetech.vn, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

Michael here from IMA SDK Team. Thank you for reaching out to us.

We do have very limited support we can offer for customizing ad ui elements, such as showing/hiding the ad attribution and countdown timer. With regards to your concern, it would best to create your own should you really need it, but it is not something we can provide as it is not part of our developer's guide. However, you may check our sample for custom ad countdown timer and use it as reference in your integration.

Regards,

Google Logo
Michael Angelo
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2d12f8:ref

Hieu Cao K.

Jul 27, 2022, 4:25:05 AM7/27/22
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Thank you for your help. I found a workaround, but still 1 more problem. When I create a separate button I have to hide the default button on the player. Looks like this is not supported.
Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 3.24.05 PM.png

IMA SDK

Jul 27, 2022, 11:38:15 PM7/27/22
to hieu...@supremetech.vn, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

Thank you for responding back to us.

I'm afraid that it is not possible to hide the skip button of the UI element. This is one of the current limitations for ad ui.

XYY

Oct 10, 2022, 4:12:18 AM10/10/22
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi may I add on to this question? Has the "Skip Ad" or "Learn more" buttons been removed recently? I'm working on HTML5 but by default, none of my ads are showing the "Skip Ad" or "Learn more" buttons. I'm pinging my own ad server if this info helps.

IMA SDK

Oct 10, 2022, 6:12:18 AM10/10/22
to xuany...@foodpanda.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hello Xyy,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Michael here from IMA SDK support team.

I have tested our sample tags using the Single Skippable Inline and Single Redirect Linear in our VSI and it appears that both the skip button and learn more button still shows and work as intended. I would suggest to double check your ad tag url configuration if it really returns a skippable ads and ads with clickthrough urls.

Additionally, for mobile skippable ads, ensure that you have followed the additional steps for this to work as expected. Link of the guide here: https://developers.google.com/interactive-media-ads/docs/sdks/html5/client-side/skippable-ads.

Should you still encounter the same issue, kindly provide your ad tag url that can replicate the issue privately via "Reply To Author" button and we will look into it.

Regards,