Inquiry on Mid-Roll URIs for Long Videos in VMAP

Anas Mirza

Jun 28, 2024, 1:38:32 PM (2 days ago) Jun 28
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Dear IMA SDK Team,

I hope this email finds you well.

I am currently working on generating VMAPs programmatically for an Android application that plays videos or recorded streams. I have a specific question regarding the use of URIs for mid-roll ads.

For example, I have a video with a 4-hour length and plan to show mid-roll ads at 5-minute intervals. This would result in approximately 48 mid-roll ads (4 hours * 60 minutes / 5 minutes).

My question is: Do I need to use 48 unique URIs for each mid-roll ad request, or can I use the same URI multiple times across the video length? I ask this because when I attempted to use duplicate URIs with the VMAP test URIs, the ads failed to load. However, when I used unique URIs, everything worked fine.

While I can generate an infinite number of unique URIs, but the thing is Google does not recommend creating many URIs using an ads account. Could you please provide guidance on the best practice for achieving this within the recommended guidelines?

Attached the 2 vmap files generated for the long video below

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,
Anas
https://www.rooter.gg/
Disclaimer: This email including any accompanying documents with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Unless stated to the contrary, any opinions or comments are personal to the writer and do not represent the official view of the company. If you have received this email in error, please notify the company immediately by reply email and then delete this message irretrievably from your system. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.
Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail!
vmap_without_duplicates.xml
vmap_with_duplicates.xml