Display of total number of mid-roll ads, including bumper ads, changes during ad playback

pineapplevine1

Nov 21, 2022, 2:16:21 AM11/21/22
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi.

When playing the following ad tags, the total number of ads displayed changed during ad playback. Is this behavior correct?

Spec
- Android Studio Dolphin | 2021.3.1 Patch 1
- Pixel3a Android12 or Pixel5 Android13
- IMA SDK Version 3.28.2 or 3.29.0

Ad tag
VMAP - Pre-roll Single Ad, Mid-roll Standard Pod with 3 Ads, Post-roll Single Ad (bumpers around all ad breaks)
https://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/ads?iu=/21775744923/external/vmap_ad_samples&sz=640x480&cust_params=sample_ar%3Dpremidpostpodbumper&ciu_szs=300x250&gdfp_req=1&ad_rule=1&output=vmap&unviewed_position_start=1&env=vp&impl=s&cmsid=496&vid=short_onecue&correlator=

Sample App
https://github.com/googleads/googleads-ima-android/releases/download/3.28.2-0/BasicExample3.28.2-0.zip

Reproduction procedures
1. Replace the ad tag that plays in the sample app with the one above.
2. Install and launch the sample application on the device.
3. Play content.
4. Check the total number of ads displayed (e.g., Ad 1 of 5) during playback of mid-roll ads.
-> "Ad 3 of 5" changes to "Ad 3 of 4" during playback of the second mid-roll ad

Remarks
When we check the content of the ad tag used, we see that there is a bumper ad before and after the mid-roll ad, and we assume that a total of five ads will play.
In reality, the bumper ad after the mid-roll ad is not played, and a total of four ads are played.

Regards,

IMA SDK

Nov 21, 2022, 11:28:07 AM11/21/22
to pineapp...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Thank you for raising this to us. I was able to reproduce the issue on my end. With that, I've shared this to the team for further investigation. I'll let you know the soonest I hear back from them.

Regards,
Google Logo
Teejay Wennie
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2gR413:ref

Developer Accounts

Jun 7, 2024, 2:29:09 AMJun 7
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
What was the final thing here. Did this get resolved?

IMA SDK

Jun 7, 2024, 3:44:48 PMJun 7
to devac...@mazsystems.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am checking current issue status with the teams, I will come back to you shortly, Meanwhile, your patience is important.

Thanks

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02gR413:ref" (ADR-00157770)

Thanks,

Google Logo IMA SDK Team