ICON_FALLBACK_IMAGE_CLOSED event not dispatched on Android TV

Tom Van Laerhoven

Apr 24, 2024, 9:54:23 AMApr 24
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hey Team,

I am scheduling this sample preroll VAST ad in an Android TV app using IMA SDK v3.33.0:

"https://theoplayer-cdn.s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/demos/ads/vast/vast-with-icon-and-fallback-image.xml"

which contains a custom Icon, including a IconClickFallbackImages element.

The ICON_TAPPED event is correctly dispatched when tapping it, and the fallback image opens in an modal dialog, but when closing it the ICON_FALLBACK_IMAGE_CLOSED is not sent.

I used the basic sample app from https://github.com/googleads/googleads-ima-android to reproduce this.

When scheduling the original preroll in this sample app (https://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/ads?iu=/21775744923/external/single_preroll_skippable&sz=640x480&ciu_szs=300x250%2C728x90&gdfp_req=1&output=vast&unviewed_position_start=1&env=vp&impl=s&correlator=), the ICON_TAPPED was correctly called. The overlay also looks a bit different in this case; it has a cross-icon to close instead of a separate close button.
My sample VAST file does not contain the Icon element in an extension, but directly under the Linear tag, which according to the specification is allowed. Could this be the trigger?

Kind regards,
Tom.

IMA SDK

Apr 24, 2024, 4:47:01 PMApr 24
to tom.vanl...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hey Tom,

Thanks you for contacting us.

I am checking your issue, i will get back with the solution shortly.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tPIac:ref" (ADR-00232479)

Thanks,

Google Logo IMA SDK Team

IMA SDK

Apr 24, 2024, 6:32:49 PMApr 24
to ima...@googlegroups.com, tom.vanl...@gmail.com
Hi Tom,

I am able to get this issue in sample project with your shared VAST detail.
But could you share any production VAST URL with us for further investigation?

Because shared VAST looks like having some issue related to wildcard '*' or malformed URL.
While testing this in VSI, i can see this below error in console.

Error: "Access to fetch at 'https://theoplaye.............image.xml' from origin 'https://imasdk.googleapis.com' has been blocked by CORS policy: The value of the 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header in the response must not be the wildcard '*' when the request's credentials mode is 'include'."

Tom Van Laerhoven

Apr 26, 2024, 10:27:18 AMApr 26
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi team, thanks for the swift response.

We use this artificially-created VAST sample for troubleshooting purposes, there is no production counterpart currently.  Is it possible to work around the CORS issue? Should it be moved to another server?

Kind regards,
Tom.

IMA SDK

Apr 26, 2024, 7:40:19 PMApr 26
to tom.vanl...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tom,

I have submitted a bug for this issue, as I was encountering the same issue with our Google sample VAST ad tags.
I will respond once the problem has been resolved. Your patience is appreciated in the meantime.
Thanks

IMA SDK

May 17, 2024, 4:28:17 AMMay 17
to ima...@googlegroups.com, tom.vanl...@gmail.com
Hi Tom,

This issue is fixed now and changes will be available in new release.

Thanks for reporting.

Tom Van Laerhoven

May 21, 2024, 11:42:08 AMMay 21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK