Player crashes when ima.js is ad blocked

Matt Szabo

May 4, 2022, 1:00:57 PM5/4/22
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hello,

I've noticed that when ad blockers prevent https://imasdk.googleapis.com/js/sdkloader/ima3.js from loading, the player crashes.  (I've been testing on sample players)

What is the best way to separate the player logic and sdk logic in the ads.js file?
Or is it best to create two local scripts?

a player.js script for player controls and an ads.js for everything ads related?

thanks!

IMA SDK

May 6, 2022, 1:20:36 AM5/6/22
to mat...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hello Matt,

Michael here from IMA SDK Team. Thank you for reaching out to us.

We do have sample apps that you may check and use as reference for your own integration of the SDK, this will help you avoid implementation issues. We also have a guide for basic integration of the SDK here, this would help you understand how the player and sdk logic was implemented on ads.js file. Let us know if this would help to your concern or should the issue be persistent on your end.

Regards,

Google Logo
Michael Angelo
IMA SDK Team