3.14.1: Ads cannot be requested … not attached to the view hierarchy

Markus Möller

Mar 16, 2021, 5:35:49 AM3/16/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi all,

a bug that was fixed with 3.13.0
  • fixed an issue where an "Ads cannot be requested because the ad container is not attached to the view hierarchy." error was fired erroneously.
seems to be back with 3.14.1. It happens with 3.14.1 for me.

Version 3.11.4 is working fine but 3.14.1 is broken for me.

Kind regards,
Markus

IMA SDK

Mar 16, 2021, 8:53:50 AM3/16/21
to m.mo...@radio.net, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Markus,

Thank you for reporting this. Our Advanced Example in  simulator ends up with this error in SDK version 3.14.1. We are already working on a fix and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh Baker
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Dvvy3:ref

Jason Tibbetts

May 4, 2021, 12:43:17 PM5/4/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
The same thing is happening for me in 3.14.3.

IMA SDK

May 4, 2021, 1:44:07 PM5/4/21
to jason.tib...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jason,

Thank you for reporting this, I was able to see this too and raised it with my team. We will get back to you as soon as we have more information.

Jason Tibbetts

May 11, 2021, 5:24:43 PM5/11/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
You saw this in your sample app?

IMA SDK

May 11, 2021, 10:30:34 PM5/11/21
to jason.tib...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jason,

I work with Aryeh.

Thank you for coming back to us with your concern. Yes we were able to replicate the issue on our sample app but rest assured that the team is now working on it to fix the error. You may check our latest releases for an update.

Regards,

Google Logo
Michael Angelo Legaspi
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Dvvy3:ref

Edwin Alvarado

Jun 2, 2021, 1:07:59 PM6/2/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Ads Team, Aryeh and Michael

Do you. have any advance with this fix? We have the same bug on GoogleAds-IMA-iOS-SDK (3.14.3).

If you have in mind any release date please let us know.

Best regards, thanks for the support
Edwin
.

IMA SDK

Jun 2, 2021, 3:03:14 PM6/2/21
to ealv...@tbxnet.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Edwin,

Unfortunately, we cannot give you a timeline for the fix. I raised your comments to my team and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh Baker
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Dvvy3:ref

manas...@gmail.com

Jun 9, 2021, 2:51:34 AM6/9/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi,
Even we are facing this issue for new SDK Version

Thanks,
Manasa

IMA SDK

Jun 9, 2021, 5:30:18 AM6/9/21
to manas...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Manasa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Can you please give us the context of the issue you are currently facing with? This will help us start the investigation for your issue.

Regards,

Google Logo
Michael Angelo Legaspi
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2I1M0S:ref

manas...@gmail.com

Jun 9, 2021, 7:30:05 AM6/9/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
When SDK is updated to recent version (3.14.3), the ads fails message is thrown..For earlier versions (3.13) it was fine.

Thanks,
Maansa

IMA SDK

Jun 9, 2021, 10:15:53 AM6/9/21
to manas...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I work with Michael and will assist you. The Basic example works and the Advanced one doesn't. This has been raised with my team. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh Baker
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2I1M0S:ref

IMA SDK

Jun 16, 2021, 12:14:31 PM6/16/21
to ealv...@tbxnet.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

My team gave me good news, the Advanced example will be fixed in the next release, you may monitor our release page for an update.

Jason Tibbetts

Aug 2, 2021, 11:54:21 AM8/2/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Is there any word on a fix or a workaround for the SDK itself? This has been blocking us from upgrading beyond 3.13 for several months now.
Message has been deleted

IMA SDK

Aug 2, 2021, 3:49:37 PM8/2/21
to jason.tib...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jason,

I raised your comments to my team. Currently, we don't have more of an update. Please look out for a near future release that has these issues fixed. In the meantime, you can change the Swift version and it will run.

brian.n...@teleboy.ch

Apr 12, 2022, 11:48:08 AM4/12/22
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Is there any update on that issue? Issue is still in 3.15.1. I am also looking forward that this issue is fixed asap!
Changing the Swift version is no option for us.

Looking forward to get an update. Thanks.

IMA SDK

Apr 18, 2022, 3:32:39 AM4/18/22
to brian.n...@teleboy.ch, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hello Brian,

Thank you for coming to us. However, I'm afraid that there is one more blocker on our end before we can release the version for the aforementioned fixed. We will let you know on this thread as soon as we have come up with a resolution.

Regards,

Google Logo
Michael Angelo
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Dvvy3:ref

brian.n...@teleboy.ch

Jul 16, 2022, 5:37:33 AM7/16/22
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hello Michael,

just wanted to check if there is any progress.
We see quite some crashes due to "Fatal Exception: UIViewControllerHierarchyInconsistency".
I know that one was fixed. But due to the issue described in this thread, we are unable to make an update!

Hope you are soon releasing a new version with all the issues fixed. Do you have any timeline ?

Thanks and regards,
Brian

IMA SDK

Jul 18, 2022, 3:23:52 AM7/18/22
to brian.n...@teleboy.ch, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hello Bryan,

Thank you for getting back to us. The underlying issue is still under investigation. I'm afraid that we cannot give definitive that when this will be available as it will all depend on the internal investigation of our team. Rest assured that we will notify you on this thread the soonest we get sufficient information.

Regards,

IMA SDK

Aug 16, 2022, 3:00:42 PM8/16/22
to ima...@googlegroups.com, brian.n...@teleboy.ch
Hi all,

We should have a fix for this issue, for anyone who is experiencing it. In our samples, we used to recommend performing ad requests as a part of the viewDidLoad() method. Unfortunately, at the time of load the view hierarchy isn't consistently populated, leading to this error message.

The solution is to move your ad request to the viewDidAppear() method, as seen in our Advanced Sample's repository Please note that because we destroy and recreate this view between videos, our sample can safely include a flag to prevent multiple requests if viewDidAppear() is called repeatedly on the same view.

Please let us know if switching to making your requests from the viewDidAppear() method resolves your issues.

Thanks,

Greg Schoppe

Gulab Chandra

Aug 17, 2022, 7:29:19 AM8/17/22
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
hi

बुधवार, 17 अगस्त 2022 को 12:30:42 am UTC+5:30 बजे imasdk ने लिखा: