Set volume for VPAID ads

agammathu...@gmail.com

Jul 16, 2021, 4:28:29 AM7/16/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Team,

I want to set volume level for VPAID ads for which I have to pass the volume parameter in "environmentVars.videoSlot.volume" filed while calling "initAd()" function.

Please let me know a way to send this parameter while using IMA SDK for HTML 5 video player.

Best regards,
Agam Mathur

IMA SDK

Jul 16, 2021, 10:56:20 AM7/16/21
to agammathu...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Agammathu,

Thank you for reaching out to us. In looking over your question. We would suggest that you check out this document as it talks about how you can set the volume. We would also suggest checking this link out. As I see from the previous examples, the function you are calling needs to receive the proxy. Which if this is not enabled it would not be able to handle.

Regards,
Google Logo
William Pescherine
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2KcnNk:ref

agammathu...@gmail.com

Jul 26, 2021, 10:22:20 AM7/26/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi William,

We have already tried using setVolume method of google.ima.AdsManager class but it doesn't help us in passing volume field in "environmentVars.videoSlot.volume" parameter while calling initAd. We need to pass this value to the VPAID unit, so that it can use that value and set the volume accordingly. It will also help VPAID unit to assign the volume as per our needs namely mute, 100% volume level or any other volume level.

Please help us in passing the volume in "environmentVars.videoSlot.volume" parameter.

PS: In your above response, I need some clarifications namely,
1. "We would also suggest checking this link out." - Please provide the link.
2. "As I see from the previous examples, the function you are calling needs to receive the proxy. Which if this is not enabled it would not be able to handle." - Please elaborate on it and if possible please share the documentation on it.

Best regards,
Agam Mathur

IMA SDK

Jul 26, 2021, 2:57:20 PM7/26/21
to agammathu...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Agam,

Thank you for the additional information. While I know that the setVolume might not work exactly as you are hoping, it is recommended to use that as when you set it to 1. The volume is set to the max of what the device is that the viewer is listening to it on. At the same time, I also saw this GitHub post that shows a way to get the value and pass it to the player here . If you go down to line 273 it shows how he was able to solve it.

Also if you can show more reference to where you go the line of code you are currently using? As well as a simple sample that shows how you are implementing this.