iOS SDK Crash on iOS 14: UI API called from background thread

IdanB GiniApps

Jan 14, 2021, 2:39:43 AM1/14/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hello,

We have been getting a crash when the video player is closed during ad playback.

Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 9.16.53.png

We are using the 'Brightcove-Player-IMA' pod version 3.8.3 which uses Google IMA iOS SDK version 3.12.1

I have notified Brightcove separately.

here is the full stacktrace.

Please advise.

IdanB GiniApps

Jan 14, 2021, 3:33:50 AM1/14/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
**Brightcove-Player-IMA version 6.8.3**

IMA SDK

Jan 14, 2021, 5:03:06 AM1/14/21
to id...@gini-apps.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi there,

Thank you for reporting this to us. For us to investigate further, would it be possible for you to share a sample project file (preferably based on our sample apps with minimal code changes) that shows this crash? That way we can debug the issue firsthand. Kindly share the sample project file privately to our testing alias: imate...@gmail.com

Also, since you mentioned that you are using 'Brightcove-Player-IMA', I suggest you also post your concern to the Brightcove-Player-IMA github page as well, because they might be able to give insights regarding your concern.

Regards,

Google Logo
Sherwin Diesta
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2B0Dua:ref

IdanB GiniApps

Jan 14, 2021, 5:20:44 AM1/14/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hello and thank you for your response.

I have reached out to Brightcove via an established channel and reported this to them. In addition to that, I will open a new issue on their github page as you have suggested.

I have since noticed that the queue name reported in the stack-trace is "com.brightcove.kvomanager.serialQueue", which leads me to believe the issue is with probably their SDK.

As such, I think the ideal course of action as of now would be to await their response and see if we can resolve the issue.

Should this effort fail, I will post an update and attempt to reproduce the issue in a sample project.

Thank you!