IMA crash on Android Wear Os

c wei

May 3, 2022, 10:32:01 PM5/3/22
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi
Did IMA get verified on Android Wear?

I got a crash during initializing of IMA AdsLoader on Samsung Watch 4.   On phone, it works well.

Code look this way:
val container = ImaSdkFactory.createAudioAdDisplayContainer(context, ImaVideoAdPlayer())
sdkFactory.createAdsLoader(context, imaSdkSettings, container)

And crash trace is
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException
        at android.webkit.WebViewFactory.getProvider(WebViewFactory.java:242)
        at android.webkit.WebView.getFactory(WebView.java:2576)
        at android.webkit.WebView.ensureProviderCreated(WebView.java:2570)
        at android.webkit.WebView.setOverScrollMode(WebView.java:2638)
        at android.view.View.<init>(View.java:5504)
        at android.view.View.<init>(View.java:5665)
        at android.view.ViewGroup.<init>(ViewGroup.java:698)
        at android.widget.AbsoluteLayout.<init>(AbsoluteLayout.java:56)
        at android.webkit.WebView.<init>(WebView.java:413)
        at android.webkit.WebView.<init>(WebView.java:355)
        at android.webkit.WebView.<init>(WebView.java:337)
        at android.webkit.WebView.<init>(WebView.java:324)
        at android.webkit.WebView.<init>(WebView.java:314)
        at com.google.ads.interactivemedia.v3.internal.ee.<init>(IMASDK:23)
        at com.google.ads.interactivemedia.v3.internal.cu.<init>(IMASDK:1)
        at com.google.ads.interactivemedia.v3.api.ImaSdkFactory.createAdsLoader(IMASDK:6)

IMA SDK

May 5, 2022, 6:34:22 AM5/5/22
to mot...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

Michael here from IMA SDK Team. Thank you for reaching out to us.

I believe the SDK may work but not fully supported on Android wear. This is not part of the list of supported platforms here, and here. Thus, would possibly be the main reason you are encountering such crash issue on the said platform but working fine on mobile devices.

Let us know should you have other concerns with the SDK.

Regards,

Google Logo
Michael Angelo
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2aQGGV:ref

c wei

Apr 20, 2023, 7:21:52 PM4/20/23
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Google :

Same question in 2023.

Does IMA have plan to support WearOs apps?

Thanks!

IMA SDK

Apr 21, 2023, 6:35:15 AM4/21/23
to mot...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Thank you for your question. I'm afraid that I cannot guarantee on IMA SDK to support WearOS apps as of this moment. I could submit this as a feature request to the team. Before I can proceed, could you please provide your business use case (or benefit) to the said feature/functionality?

Regards,
Google Logo IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2aQGGV:ref

c wei

Apr 21, 2023, 10:03:21 AM4/21/23
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi.
I am working on top 1 audio book app in market.

On our Android phone app, we use IMA to build the Ads functions.   On WearOs, the same module got exception during running, then we have to disable Ads on wearOs.

IMA SDK

Apr 21, 2023, 2:18:21 PM4/21/23
to mot...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I have already raised this with the rest of the team as a feature request for IMA SDK to be supported in WearOS. For now, we would recommend keeping an eye on our blog and release notes for future updates.

Reference Links: