Companion Ads

Behrooz Fard

Jul 31, 2021, 11:55:54 AM7/31/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Can I show another creative type in Companion Ads? For example, Gif or webpage.

IMA SDK

Aug 2, 2021, 12:55:39 AM8/2/21
to behroo...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Behrooz,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I believe you can show different types of creative for ad companions but please be informed that the SDK only renders what is setup in your Ad Tag. If you want to achieve this and know more about different formats of creative you can include in your Ad Tag, you may want to contact directly your Ad provider as this is done on their end.

Regards,

Google Logo
Michael Angelo Legaspi
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2LU65f:ref

Behrooz Fard

Aug 2, 2021, 2:10:14 AM8/2/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
I test Google IMA SDK with my Vast XML file. But it can not show image/gif or HTML. Where can I see an example or documentation about it?
implementation 'com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.14.2'
implementation 'com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-ui:2.14.2'
implementation 'com.google.android.exoplayer:extension-ima:2.14.2'

IMA SDK

Aug 2, 2021, 5:52:04 AM8/2/21
to behroo...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Behrooz,

Thank you for your response.

You can test your VAST xml on our VSI for easier way to catch or duplicate the issue. If it is not reproducible there, it is most probably an implementation issue. In that case you may also use our sample apps below to test and for your reference on implementation.

For companion ads implementation, you may want to check this guide as well for help.

If you still encounter the issue on our VSI or sample apps, please share us the Ad Tag in used for us to test on our end.

Regards,

Behrooz Fard

Aug 2, 2021, 9:59:35 AM8/2/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Thank you for introducing VSI. I test my XML tag with it. In VSI, it was okay, but in my Android app, it shows a static image instead of Gif in my CompanionAdSlot. Here is my XML tag.
sample-vast.xml

IMA SDK

Aug 2, 2021, 2:26:35 PM8/2/21
to behroo...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Behrooz,

I work with Michael and will assist you. I reproduced this behavior of the static companion gif in in our Android Basic sample and raised it with my team. We will get back to you whether we do offer full support of gif's in companion ads in the Android SDK in order to have feature parity with the HTML5 SDK.

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh Baker
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2LU65f:ref

Behrooz Fard

Aug 2, 2021, 3:56:04 PM8/2/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Aryeh,
Thanks for your response.
This problem is not limited to Gif files. It occurs for HTML resources too. I would greatly appreciate it if you help me.

IMA SDK

Aug 2, 2021, 4:18:24 PM8/2/21
to behroo...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Behrooz,

Could you give us examples of HTML that work in our HTML5 SDK but don't work in the Android SDK?

Behrooz Fard

Aug 3, 2021, 1:57:12 AM8/3/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK

Hi Aryeh,
If you replace HTML-LINK with an URL, you can see it is not working in VSI.
sample-vast.xml

IMA SDK

Aug 3, 2021, 4:38:50 AM8/3/21
to behroo...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Behrooz,

Thank you for providing additional information. There is an ongoing investigation regarding this now. We will update you once our team responded with the result.

Regards,

Google Logo
Michael Angelo Legaspi
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2LU65f:ref

Behrooz Fard

Aug 14, 2022, 5:34:40 AM8/14/22
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Aryeh,

Do you have any new information about the issue at hand?
Do you require my assistance with the issue?

Best regards,
Behrooz G. Fard

IMA SDK

Aug 15, 2022, 10:49:35 AM8/15/22
to behroo...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Behrooz,

Thank you for getting back to us. I raised your request for updates with my team. We will get back to you as soon as we have actionable information.

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2LU65f:ref

IMA SDK

Aug 15, 2022, 1:00:24 PM8/15/22
to ima...@googlegroups.com, behroo...@gmail.com
Hi Behrooz,

Could you send us privately a reference VAST that contains an HTML companion ad that runs in the HTML5 SDK but not in Android SDK?