[ iOS ] Bug in IMA iOS SDK, if an ad is requested by "IMAAdsRequest(adTagUrl:, adDisplayContainer:, avPlayerVideoDisplay:, pictureInPictureProxy:, userContext: )"

pineapplevine1

Jan 10, 2023, 8:29:50 PM1/10/23
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hello.

We found a bug in IMA iOS SDK, they are, if ad support Picture-in-Picture, after the Post-roll advertisement ends, the content that should have finished playing is played.

But if ad don't support Picture-in-Picture, this issue does not occur.

- Details:

* After playing Post-roll ad that supports picture-in-picture, the content is played from the position several seconds before the end.

- Specs:

* Xcode 14.2
* iPhoneXs device (16.1.2)
* IMA iOS SDK version 3.18.4

- Contents:

* Movie : Content in IMA Sample App "AdvancedExample" for iOS
* Ads : IMA Sample Tag

- Project:

googleads-ima-ios-client-side-main/Swift/AdvancedExample

- Steps:

1. Create AVPlayer instance with content URL
2. Create AVPlayerLayer instance with AVPlayer instance
3. Create AVPictureInPictureController instance with AVPlayerLayer instance
4. Create IMAAdDisplayContainer instance by "IMAAdDisplayContainer(adContainer: , viewController: )"
5. Create IMAAVPlayerVideoDisplay instance with AVPlayer instance
6. Create IMAPictureInPictureProxy instance with AVPictureInPictureControllerDelegate
7. Create IMAAdsRequest instance using "IMAAdsRequest(adTagUrl:, adDisplayContainer:, avPlayerVideoDisplay:, pictureInPictureProxy:, userContext: )"
8. Create IMAAdsLoader instance with IMAAdsRequest instance
9. If "IMAAdsLoaderDelegate.adsLoader(_ loader: , adsLoadedWith adsLoadedData: )" is called, call "IMAAdsManager.initialize(with: )"
10. If "IMAAdsManagerDelegate.adsManager(_ adsManager: , didReceive event: )" is called and IMAAdEventType is LOADED, call "IMAAdsManager.start()"
11. If "IMAAdsManagerDelegate.adsManagerDidRequestContentPause" is called, call "AVPlayer.pause()"
12. If "IMAAdsManagerDelegate.adsManagerDidRequestContentResume" is called, call "AVPlayer.play()"

We strongly hope that these bugs will be fixed.

Best regards.

IMA SDK

Jan 11, 2023, 3:00:01 AM1/11/23
to pineapp...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

Michael here from IMA SDK Support team. Thank you for reaching out to us.

I tried replicating the issue on my end and I attached a screen recording of my own testing in this response. Would you be able to confirm if that is the same behavior you are reporting? If not, can you provide a screen recording of the behavior on your end so we can have better illustration of the issue? Kindly also confirm if you are using a real physical device on your end.

Regards,

Google Logo
Michael Angelo
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2hx2oj:ref
iPhone 14 Pro_mp4.html
Message has been deleted

pineapplevine1

Jan 20, 2023, 12:17:45 AM1/20/23
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hello,

> I tried replicating the issue on my end and I attached a screen recording of my own testing in this response. Would you be able to confirm if that is the same behavior you are reporting? If not, can you provide a screen recording of the behavior on your end so we can have better illustration of the issue? Kindly also confirm if you are using a real physical device on your end.

Yes, that is the same behavior we are reporting, and we are using a real physical device on our end.

Regards.
2023年1月11日水曜日 17:00:01 UTC+9 imasdk:

IMA SDK

Jan 20, 2023, 9:54:51 AM1/20/23
to pineapp...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Thank you for your confirmation. I've raised this (including the reports and findings thus far) to a wider team for further investigation. I'll update this thread the soonest I hear back from them.

Regards,
Google Logo
Teejay Wennie