Preloading and Playing Ads Conditionally with Google IMA SDK

Anas Mirza

Mar 27, 2024, 5:10:14 AMMar 27
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi team,

I'm currently working with the Google IMA SDK and facing an issue regarding preloading ads without automatically playing them. Here's the situation:

I'm using `request.setAdsResponse(vastXml)` to request ads, but I don't want the ad to play immediately after the request. However, the IMA ads SDK automatically triggers `CONTENT_RESUME_REQUESTED` after requesting ads.

My goal is to preload the ad in the background and play it only under specific conditions. Is there a way to achieve this functionality?

Additionally, I'm interested in showing two ads to the user simultaneously. Could you please verify if the VMAP format supports playing two ads concurrently?

Looking forward to your guidance on these matters.

Please find the testing vmap below.

Thanks
2-prerolls.rtf

Anas Mirza

Mar 27, 2024, 5:10:21 AMMar 27
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi team,

I'm currently working with the Google IMA SDK and facing an issue regarding preloading ads without automatically playing them. Here's the situation:

I'm using request.setAdsResponse(vastXml) to request ads, but I don't want the ad to play immediately after the request. However, the IMA ads SDK automatically triggers CONTENT_RESUME_REQUESTED after requesting ads.

My goal is to preload the ad in the background and play it only under specific conditions. Is there a way to achieve this functionality?

Additionally, I'm interested in showing two ads to the user simultaneously. Could you please verify if the VMAP format supports playing two ads concurrently?

I've encountered an issue with ad playback in the Google IMA SDK Basic Sample. Here are the reproduction steps:

  • Use request.setAdsResponse(vastXml) to load the ads.
  • Move the request ads in the onCreate method.
  • Remove adsManager.start(); from the LOADED event.

After following these steps, the ad continues to play without explicitly calling adsManager.start();.

Could you please guide me in resolving this issue?
Thank you,
Anas

2-prerolls.rtf

IMA SDK

Mar 27, 2024, 11:33:59 AMMar 27
to anas....@rooter.io, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the IMA SDK support team.

As stated in the Google IMA sample VAST tag, once the ads are loaded, it will begin playing immediately. As per the IMA documentation Preloading media, Autoplay must be enabled for preloading to work. So preloading the ad in the background and playing it only under specific conditions is not possible.

VMAP does not support concurrent playback of multiple ads. VMAP defines a sequential structure for ad playback, allowing only one ads to be played at a time. If you require multiple sequential ads, consider utilizing ad pods within the VAST tag.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02s0Gt9:ref" (ADR-00228883)

Thanks,

Google Logo IMA SDK Team