[iOS/Swift] Issues when AirPlay is active

Mattia Fazio

Jan 30, 2023, 6:52:32 AM1/30/23
to Interactive Media Ads SDK

Hi all,

I'm facing some issues with IMA SDK (3.18.4) only when AirPlay is active. You can find a video of the behaviour here.
Following a quick list of the issues:
  • Advertises longer than 8 seconds are cut off (time 00:55 of the attached video)
  • most of times after a mid-roll the movie doesn't start anymore (time 01:38 of the attached video)
  • sometimes after the pre-roll the movie doesn't start
I've customised your example project (the advanced one) and I unfortunately still find the same errors.

Movies that don't need to use IMA SDK work fine with AirPlay.

Environment info:
Xcode 14.2 (14C18)
iOS 16.0.3
IMA SDK 3.18.4
Swift 5.0

Thank you so much for the support

IMA SDK

Jan 30, 2023, 4:04:21 PM1/30/23
to ima...@googlegroups.com

Hello Mattia,

Michael here from IMA SDK Support team. Thank you for reaching out to us.

Unfortunately, after several months of investigation of using AirPlay by our team, it has been concluded that the IMA SDK is not built to fully support AirPlay at this time. Thus, any encountered misbehaviors are inevitable. We would recommend using the SDK without this implementation. You may use our sample apps as reference for your own integration.

Let us know if you have other concerns with the SDK.

Regards,

Google Logo
Michael Angelo
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2iPJMi:ref

Mattia Fazio

Jan 31, 2023, 10:55:26 AM1/31/23
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Michael,

thank you for the quick answer.

As long I see some references about AirPlay in the release notes, may I ask you if will IMA SDK for iOS ever fully support AirPlay (again)?

Thank you again,
have a nice day!

IMA SDK

Jan 31, 2023, 5:13:00 PM1/31/23
to ima...@googlegroups.com

Hello Mattia,

Thank you for responding back to us. I already raised this concern to the rest of our team as a feature request to fully support AirPlay on iOS SDK. Having said that, we recommend monitoring our release notes and blog post for future updates.

Regards,