Vast Response is Always Empty

Bhavya Bharti

Mar 21, 2016, 6:03:06 AM3/21/16
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Team,

I am working to show preroll ads. I have a list of videos to play. On playing each video, I show same pre-roll ad.
Hence, the url is same of each video.

Issue is that Only first time vast response gives me proper vast xml. All further call to url always gives me empty vast.

I really need your guidance. Please help.

Thanks,
Bhavya Bharti

Tyler Sidell (IMA SDK Team)

Mar 21, 2016, 9:43:04 AM3/21/16
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Bhavya,

Where are you seeing an empty VAST?  If you play it in our Video Suite Inspector, you get a video returned each time without any empty VAST errors.  If you are insisting that it is blank when you open the tag in a  browser, that is expected behavior due to frequency capping.  If that is the case, just change the correlator value each time and you'll see a response.  Please note that when using the SDK though, you do not have to set the correlator value as this is generated by the SDK itself.

Thanks,
Tyler Sidell
IMA SDK Team

Bhavya Bharti

Mar 28, 2016, 2:47:17 AM3/28/16
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Tyler,

Thanks. I am changing the correlator value always randomly and it works like charm. Always I get proper vast xml.

I am starting with preroll ad tracking. "Tracking" tag in xml consist of event name and a uri. I am calling this url simply by creating http connection when each respective event occurs. Is it enough to track an event and generate revenue? Or, do I need to send more parameters or I am missing some step?

Please guide.

Thanks,
Bhavya Bharti

Tyler Sidell (IMA SDK Team)

Mar 28, 2016, 9:55:03 AM3/28/16
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Bhavya,

Please note that you would not need to set the correlator each time when using the SDK, as the SDK will create this random value for you.  You would manually change the correlator value only to load ad information when viewing in a browser.  Please make sure that you are using the IMA if you aren't already.  Also for VAST specs, please refer to the following document.

As for creating tracking and revenue, I would suggest reaching out to your TAM from DFP, as they would be the best point of contact for these types of questions.

Thanks,
Tyler Sidell
IMA SDK Team

Bhavya Bharti

Mar 29, 2016, 3:14:06 AM3/29/16
to Interactive Media Ads SDK

Thanks Tyler. I am already using IMA sdk for my iphone as well as android apps and they are working without any issues. But as IMA is not supporting TVOS for now, I have to do it manually in code.

One last question please, the following sample url do not have correlator parameter. How to load xml information for these types of url when viewing in browser?

Thanks,
Bhavya Bharti

Tyler Sidell (IMA SDK Team)

Mar 29, 2016, 10:25:07 AM3/29/16
to Interactive Media Ads SDK

Thanks,
Tyler Sidell
IMA SDK Team

Bhavya Bharti

Apr 25, 2016, 6:23:12 AM4/25/16
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Tyler,

I have displayed preroll ads successfully in my apple tv app. Now, I am working with event and impression tracking.

There is url for each tracking event. Ex:
<Tracking event="start">
</Tracking>

My question is:
What are required and optional macros in tracking event url, for which I need to pass a value via coding?

Thanks and regards,
Bhavya Bharti

Tyler Sidell (IMA SDK Team)

Apr 25, 2016, 11:13:01 AM4/25/16
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Bhavya,

DFP macros would be out of scope for this forum.  I'd suggest reaching out to your TAM or account manager for more information.  However, DFP does have a support document that outlined required and optional marco parameters.

Thanks,
Tyler Sidell
IMA SDK Team

ww w

Nov 11, 2016, 4:16:31 AM11/11/16
to Interactive Media Ads SDK

Vu Chau (IMA SDK Team)

Nov 11, 2016, 11:39:00 AM11/11/16
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hello,

Since this is a serving issue, your Technical Account Manager would be the best contact for resolving it.  If you do not have a TAM, check out the DFP support forum for assistance.

Vu Chau
Mobile Ads SDK Team