IMA HTML5 SDK: ImaSdkSettings.setSessionId() not available

Janroel Koppen

Aug 5, 2021, 6:07:13 AM8/5/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi all, Jackson Sui,

According to the docs ( https://developers.google.com/interactive-media-ads/docs/sdks/html5/client-side/reference/js/google.ima.ImaSdkSettings#setSessionId ), two methods for manipulating the session id for frequency capping should be available. They were introduced in the release notes of April 7, 2021 ( https://groups.google.com/g/ima-sdk/c/VQsVVBvVEPI/m/swU7dr8FAwAJ ).

However, when trying to use setSessionId, we get the exception "[...].setSessionId is not a function", both when used on the global google.ima.settings and when used on the settings object retrieved with AdsLoader.getSettings().

Diving a bit deeper in the ima code, we see a lot of property export statements, like: goog.exportProperty(module$contents$ima$imaSdkSettings_ImaSdkSettings.prototype, "setNumRedirects", module$contents$ima$imaSdkSettings_ImaSdkSettings.prototype.setNumRedirects);

, but these statements are *missing*:
goog.exportProperty(module$contents$ima$imaSdkSettings_ImaSdkSettings.prototype, "setSessionId", module$contents$ima$imaSdkSettings_ImaSdkSettings.prototype.setSessionId);
goog.exportProperty(module$contents$ima$imaSdkSettings_ImaSdkSettings.prototype, "getSessionId", module$contents$ima$imaSdkSettings_ImaSdkSettings.prototype.getSessionId);

We suspect adding them would solve the problem.

Regards,
Janroel Koppen

1. IMA HTML5 SDK
2. n/a
3. no
4. click the button, watch the Console

IMA SDK

Aug 5, 2021, 12:01:17 PM8/5/21
to j.ko...@bluebillywig.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Janroel,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your questions. I was able to test the link that you gave us and do see the response back showing an issue with the function missing. Please allow me to bring this to our team and see what they can do by looking deeper into this. Once we get feedback we will be certain to pass it along to you.

Regards,
Google Logo
William Pescherine
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Lkktl:ref

IMA SDK

Aug 30, 2021, 4:32:58 PM8/30/21
to j.ko...@bluebillywig.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Janroel,

This is Jackson from the IMA SDK Developer Relations team. I have raised the issue with ImaSdkSettings.setSessionId() not being available and the team is working to resolve it. The fix should appear in an upcoming release of the HTML5 SDK. I'll be sure to update this thread when it does.

Thank you,
Jackson