Linear assets were found in the VAST ad response, using GoogleAds-IMA-tvOS-SDK

Marco Cruz

Oct 21, 2021, 6:36:46 AM10/21/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi,
I'm using the latest version of GoogleAds IMA for tvOS and i'm seeing a strange behaviour where sometimes the ADs don't play throwing the error: "Linear assets were found in the VAST ad response, but none of them matched the video player's capabilities". We followed the basic tutorial https://developers.google.com/interactive-media-ads/docs/sdks/tvos/client-side using AVPlayer.

Can I have more information on why this happens?
When I reload the AD URL, the only difference I see is, sometimes there is an element "<InLine>":

ad inline.png

And other times, there's an element "<Wrapper>":

ad wrapper.png

Can this be related to the problem? Contact me directly if you need the AD TAG as i'm not comfortable to share it here.

Thanks in advance.

IMA SDK

Oct 21, 2021, 12:22:37 PM10/21/21
to mc...@vivasuperstars.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marco,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would ask if you have tested your adTag against our VSI , this helps to show if it is something in the VAST or the code. After that we would also suggest testing against one of our sample apps. Also you can share the adTag privately with us via the "Reply to author" button.

Regards,
Google Logo
William Pescherine
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2QE1gt:ref

Marco Cruz

Nov 18, 2021, 3:18:00 PM11/18/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK

Hi, we have tested against your VSI and our adTag always works there. I Guess the problem is related to AVPlayer on tvOS only because the ad manager never throws an error on your sample app https://github.com/googleads/googleads-ima-ios. I have sent the adTag privately to you with some instructions, and hopefully you can help me locate the issue.

Thanks in advance.

IMA SDK

Nov 19, 2021, 1:38:28 AM11/19/21
to mc...@vivasuperstars.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Marco,

I'm Michael and I work along with William. Allow me to assist you here.

The error you encountered is most likely VAST error 403 which states that the fatal error can be caused by a VAST response that declares unsupported MIME types for all available MediaFiles (for example, Flash on mobile, or WebM on iOS). It may indicate that the wrong creative type attempted to play. More information can be found here.

On the other hand, there seems to be no problem with the Ad Tag as I have also tested it on our end and everything seems to work fine. You also mentioned that it is not reproducible in our sample apps. Thus, this probably leads to implementation issues. That said, we would highly recommend pattern your work with our sample apps for tvOS, and add more methods and functionalities in your app one by one to see what exactly causes this error and probably solved it.

If by doing the above suggestion you still encounter the same issue, we would require the sample project implementation you are using to test on our end. Kindly share also the details of the device you used for testing. You may send the requested information privately via "Reply To Author" button.

Regards,

Google Logo
Michael Angelo Legaspi