Companion Ad suddenly doesn't work

Francisco José Gilberte Martínez

Feb 26, 2024, 9:14:07 PMFeb 26
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi,
This morning we noticed that IMA companion ads have suddenly stopped working. Right now a black container with a white stripe in the middle is shown.

We have verified that we have received the companion correctly.

image (2).png

So far it was working correctly in production and we have not uploaded a new version. We have also tested the sample application and got the same result.

Screenshot_2024-02-26-12-24-38-704_com.google.ads.interactivemedia.v3.samples.audioplayerexample.jpg
Could something have changed on the server side?

Thanks in advance,

Regards.

IMA SDK

Feb 27, 2024, 2:35:00 AMFeb 27
to fran.g...@digio.es, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for contacting the IMA SDK support team.

As you’ve mentioned that companion was loading before, and suddenly it stopped working which indicates that there is no issue in IMA Ads SDK integration.

I’ve checked in the VSI tool and can load the companion ads perfectly with IMA sample tags, kindly check once in Google Sample Projects with your VAST URL.

If issue still persist, could you kindly share the below information for further investigation :

  • Provide stream details(VAST URL): if it is live or video on demand (VOD). Furthermore, if the content is live, what is the stream format and the asset key? If the content is VOD, what is the stream format, CMS ID, and Video ID?
  • If DRM is used, please provide a "clear stream" that has no DRM.
  • Sample application that reproduces the issue
If the file(s) you are looking to share are less than 25mb in total you can attach them to this case on your next reply. If you are having trouble attaching your file to this case or if your file(s) are larger than 25mb, kindly provide requested information to us via Reply to author option or using the steps below:

1. Navigate to this link.
2. Fill out all fields, and attach your file(s).
3. Please reply back to this thread when you have uploaded your file(s). Please do not share this link.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02rzTQW:ref"

Thanks,

Google Logo IMA SDK Team

Francisco José Gilberte Martínez

Feb 27, 2024, 8:58:49 AMFeb 27
to Interactive Media Ads SDK

Thanks for the quick response,

I will answer point by point for more clarity:

As you’ve mentioned that companion was loading before, and suddenly it stopped working which indicates that there is no issue in IMA Ads SDK integration.

I’ve checked in the VSI tool and can load the companion ads perfectly with IMA sample tags, kindly check once in Google Sample Projects with your VAST URL.

The same thing happens in the sample application using the sample VAST URL. The companion ad was displaying correctly until yesterday morning and suddenly a white stripe is shown.

I attach a new screenshot repeating the test with the example VAST URL in audioplayerexample application. It's downloaded from the link provided above. (I also attach the complete sample project via Google Ads Developer Support Form for Large Attachments )

Screenshot_20240227-132650.png

Provide stream details(VAST URL): if it is live or video on demand (VOD). Furthermore, if the content is live, what is the stream format and the asset key? If the content is VOD, what is the stream format, CMS ID, and Video ID?
If DRM is used, please provide a "clear stream" that has no DRM.
Sample application that reproduces the issue

In our use case we are playing Audio on demand. The preroll is played correctly but the companion ad is displayed wrong (same as in the example project).

I attach VAST URL of a real case, as well as the VAST response with the companion ad. However, the same happens with IMA sample tags.

Best regards and thanks in advance

vast_url.xml
vast_waterfall.xml
vast_with_companion_ad.xml

IMA SDK

Feb 27, 2024, 2:58:14 PMFeb 27
to fran.g...@digio.es, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Francisco,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I will check with our team regarding your issue and one of my team members will reach out to you once we have an update on this. Meanwhile, your patience is highly appreciated.

IMA SDK

Sep 26, 2024, 4:51:02 PMSep 26
to ima...@googlegroups.com, fran.g...@digio.es
Hi,

This issue is not occurring in latest SDK. Kindly check and verify.

Thanks

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02rzTQW:ref" (ADR-00224910)

Thanks,

Google Logo IMA SDK Team